To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Process/Maintenance Technician (Westland, MI)
Pittsburgh Glass Works • Crestline, OH
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vitro is a leading manufacturer and distributor of automotive glass. We are looking for innovative and results-oriented people who want to contribute and make our company better. As a Tier 1 Supplier, we engineer products to meet the rigorous safety and aesthetic standards of the automobile industry.
At our facility in Westland, MI, we are expanding operations and looking for a Process/Maintenance Technician. This growing facility was opened in 2007 and performs value-add operations as a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
This position will serve as a main point of contact for the assigned production line and will maintain and enhance processes to meet productivity, quality, and customer standards. The position will gather and analyze information to determine and implement improvements to the production process while working and communicating effectively with all levels within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor product, process and equipment and activities in order to recognize issues or opportunities, evaluate the necessary information, and coordinate the appropriate actions.
- Analyze data or issues, apply lean manufacturing principles, prioritize activities, make decisions, and implement improvements.
- Communicate with plant personnel, gather input, and provide instruction. Must also interact with suppliers, customers, and technical support as well as prepare technical communications and documentation.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of projects and activities simultaneously including new part development and tooling coordination.
- Perform and coordinate routine TPM activities.
- Provide off-hour trouble shooting communications or in-person where necessary.
Education / Experience:
- Three years of machine maintenance experience required.
- High School Diploma required; Post-secondary education preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of the process with a basic comprehension of other processes, plant products, and the automotive glass business.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitudes are also essential.
- Interact effectively with others throughout the organization as well as with suppliers, customers, and technical support. Also, must function well as a team leader or participant.
- Ability and interest to understand processes, interpret data, analyze cause and effect, apply knowledge to new situations, and learn continuously.
- Must be able to safely operate a fork truck and maintain the required license.
- Deal with changing priorities and complete work efficiently and on time.
- Strong computer skills are essential.
- Ability to read and understand machine and product prints.