Job Description Summary
A Fabrication Technician will layout and assemble piping systems from blueprints or shop drawings. The pipe systems may include but not limited to: pipe, flanges, elbows, tees, valves, and offsets. Fabrication Technician may work on all phases of the fabrication project including staging materials, setting up equipment, operating Fusion equipment, shipping finished spools, crating spools, loading trucks and quality control documentation. The work may also include working long hours and lifting heavy objects. This is polypropylene pipe, not conventional steel.
External Posting Details
- Qualification Highlights
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Able to take direction from immediate supervisor and execute according to plan.
- 3-5 years working as a Pipe Fitter or Pipe Fitter Helper a plus.
- Able to read prints and illustrate thorough knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills a plus.
- Experience on a commercial or industrial construction project a plus.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate, install, and fit pipe to specifications.
- Review measurements, layouts, welds and orientation for accuracy and quality.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment via overhead crane or forklift.
- Must be able to fluently read a tape measure and use various common hand tools (level, square, saw, etc.)
- Must be able to add and subtract fractions, by hand or using a calculator.
- Exposure to reading prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions as it pertains to equipment setup.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Commitment to Ferguson values and safety rules and regulations.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Rigging (Sailing Ship)
Personal Protective Equipment
Complex Problem Solving