Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The General Manager (GM), Ecommerce & Digital is a key leadership position that will develop and execute the strategic Ecommerce direction for the US organization.
This position is responsible for overseeing the development and management of all e-Commerce and Digital marketing activities across the US Brands and business, across multiple marketplaces; managing 3rd party Amazon agencies. The GM drives marketing strategies and serves as the primary point of contact to brand and business teams for Ecommerce marketing planning, execution, and reporting. Additionally, this role will provide direction to the US Sales organization to align and drive strategy and execution, as well evaluate Ecommerce programs against KPIs to significantly drive profitable sales and optimize spend.
This position will foster strong relationships and work cross functionally to ensure collaboration and flawless execution in all areas of responsibility.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership on the development of strategic Ecommerce/Digital plans and set up growth drivers with a clear path to successful execution.
- Responsible for full P&L management for Ecommerce/Digital.
- Execute and manage marketing campaign strategies and tactics from inception through launch, through post-run conversion reporting. Align budgets, spend cycles and reporting KPI’s.
- Manage 3rd party Amazon specific agencies to optimize programs and drive results. Continually evaluate agency performance and share insights with senior management.
- Maximize spend by brand while optimizing profits – work with agencies to understand opportunities that drive customers to convert and increase profitability. Provide brand insights to agency teams to maximize placement and spend opportunities.
- Develop cycle for A+ and B+ content (Amazon) and repurpose plan for digital content across all marketplaces.
- Understand Brands, Branding Positions, Customer Demographics and Shopper behaviors to drive conversion and profitable sales across all Retail.com (Walmart.com, Costco.com, Walgreens.com, etc.).
- Evaluate Brand profitability across Amazon channels and drive campaigns around profitability.
- Continuously optimize product (“ASIN”) data, attributes and SEO (in process of evaluating PIM solution to transfer digital content across retailers).
- Collaborate with Brands, Sales Team, and other stakeholders throughout the organization to optimize content, obtain buy-in and escalate/resolve issues to ensure smooth process from creation through execution.
- Provide expertise on current Ecommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure Ecommerce principles are incorporated.
- Lead and develop full cross functional team supporting e-commerce and digital activation, and positioning Nature’s Bounty as leader in the space
- Drive acceleration of NBCo’s aggregate ecommerce business, to achieve market leading position within Health and Wellness
- Evaluate Ecommerce Global Shared Services opportunities for the organization.
- Digital and e-commerce marketing leadership, 15+ years with experience in marketing with strong working knowledge of Amazon platforms and tools.
- Experience building and developing a cross functional ecommerce team/business.
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce technology and sophisticated analytics.
- Experience running a fully integrated P&L.
- Experience in driving transformation efforts with proven results in delivering strong sales and profit growth.
- Held various leadership roles and had management oversight for large teams, including matrix reporting.
- Experience in CPG, consumer health or pharma industries.
- Digital marketing experience, aligning brand strategy and execution through existing and developing platforms (e.g. Facebook, Insta, Google, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from an accredited institution required.
- MBA/Master’s degree required.
- Ability to develop and execute business strategies through Ecommerce platforms, web technologies and site merchandising to deliver a cohesive online experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with building high performing/functioning teams.
- Ability to influence and work with cross functional teams to reach sales goals.
- Strong web technologies knowledge with history of continuous learning.
- Excellent communication skills in written, oral, and presentation formats.
- Strong creative skills and ability to work in a progressively creative environment.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and learning agility - stay abreast of trends, tools and personal development.
- Ability to constantly analyze landscape to manage complex plans.
- Exceptional project management and organization skills - holds teams accountable for results.
- Proactive, articulate leader with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Passion for the consumer and shopper experience.
- Marketing vehicle prioritization, budgeting, ROI quantification.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and ability to be a self-starter that can think “outside the box”.
- Professional maturity and executive presence.
- Up to 30% Travel Required.
- Ability to travel to current and potential customer meetings, seminars and events.
Search Engine Optimization