$70000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Senior Accountant-Corporate Headquarters
There is an opportunity for a full-time Senior Staff Accountant with a terrific Wholesale Distribution company. Strong compensation, excellent benefits, and career advancement could be yours in this position. Are you ambitious and detail-oriented? Robert Half Finance is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. This company, based in the Bolingbrook, Illinois area, offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded. The ideal candidate for this position can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. Candidates who can participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes will be preferred for this role. If you have a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets, you will be preferred for this role.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Manage depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Organize and review a variety of financial data, reporting it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Conduct month end close and compose journal entries with minimal supervision
For immediate consideration please email resume to Email blocked - click to apply
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Experience with year end closings
- Deep understanding of analysis
- Account reconciliation experience desired
- Foundational knowledge in month end closings
- Expertise in account analysis
- 5+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.