At Company, we make market research work. We know numbers. We understand people. And we succeed in delivering results. That’s why so many of the world’s leading brands and organizations look to us for their research needs.
Operating in over 89 countries, we’re a global leader in survey-based market research and one of the fastest-growing and most successful firms in the business. Our research focuses on five areas of specialty – advertising, marketing, public opinion, loyalty, and media – and our work focuses on our people and our clients.
Company Public Affairs
Company Public Affairs is a member of the Company Group, a leading global survey-based market research company with offices in 89 countries. Our private sector clients include health insurers, hospital systems, corporate foundations, development NGOs, and consulting and marketing communications firms. Our government clients include the Food and Drug Administration, Veterans Health Administration, Social Security Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Defense Health Agency, U.S. Agency for International Development, and the Federal Trade Commission.
Members of the Company Public Affairs team have degrees in such fields as psychology, sociology, political science, economics, public policy analysis, demography, public health, statistics, international development, marketing, and social sciences. Our research measures the performance of health systems in achieving brand awareness and strength, delivering positive patient experiences, and using research to inform and refine interventions to change consumers’ behaviors.
Company Public Affairs has more than 30 years of experience working with physicians, hospitals, payers, brokers and other health provider organizations. We have developed a center of expertise that focuses on improving healthcare quality, increasing accountability, testing and advising on new and emerging health initiatives and health policy issues.
Sound like the right place for your career Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Company.
Company Public Affairs (“Company”) is seeking an experienced contracts, compliance and procurement professional to serve as the Director/Vice President of Contracts and Compliance for our Washington, D.C. office. This is an exciting opportunity to continue to build a department in a rapidly growing, highly successful business group. The successful candidate will use his/her deep domain expertise to develop and maintain policies, procedures and training pertaining to US Federal, state and local and commercial contracting, compliance and procurement practices. The successful candidate must work well in a swiftly changing, growth and success-oriented culture, be able to multi-task and prioritize workload, and serve as leader and subject matter expert across various service lines.
The Director/Vice President will oversee the cradle-to-grave contract, compliance and procurement functions for a vast portfolio of Contracts, as well as Consultant, Subcontract and Vendor Agreements, for both public and private sector clients. The principal responsibilities will include:
- Lead the overall contract administration, procurement and compliance functions for the U.S. Public Affairs group, including the drafting/negotiating of agreements (including NDAs, TAs, contracts and subcontracts).
- Serve as the focal point for all contractual and procurement activities including support for existing business and new business development activities.
- Lead the review of Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs), and other solicitations, identifying risks and distributing key information to internal stakeholders.
- Lead the development and on-going management of policies, procedures, tool, templates and training for Company’ contract, procurement and compliance processes for US federal, state & local, and commercial contracts.
- Monitor and provide input on emerging regulation and regulatory changes in the US federal contracting environment, ensuring Company policies, procedures and trainings for contract management and procurement remain compliant and up to date.
- Act as subject matter expert for contracts and procurement matters for Company corporate initiatives and organizational development activities.
- Strategize with engagement partners/teams and provide value-added business advice.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with engagement partners, technical teams, senior leadership, legal counsel, finance, IT security and accounting departments, as well as clients to mitigate risk and ensure business requirements are met.
- Support the development, negotiation, and maintenance of indirect rates in accordance with federal regulations and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Oversee the preparation and submission of all federal reporting requirements, to include but not limited to, GSA IFF quarterly reporting, small business subcontracting reporting, Service Contract Reporting, and Manpower Reporting, as well as maintenance of SAM.gov registration and annual representations and certifications.
- Assist in various internal corporate and external client audits.
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports and serve as mentor and coach to others in the contracts and procurement functions.
- Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in business administration, finance or related field preferred; equivalent work experience and demonstrated capability considered.
- 10 + years of professional experience in US federal contract administration, procurement, negotiation, and proposal preparation.
- Deep subject matter expertise in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Strong stakeholder management and senior leadership relationship management.
- Highly motivated with good organizational, mathematical, analytical and reasoning skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative, team orientation and be able to partner with other groups within Company (i.e. Accounting/Finance, IT, Human Resources, Security, Operations Support)
- Proficient in using standard MS Office Programs, with strong Excel skills
- Professional-level written and spoken communication skills
Customer Relationship Management