Cook (Multiple Positions) Purpose:
Preparation, serving and clean-up as required to serve meals and snacks to students and staff in assigned school kitchen. Reports to:
Kitchen Manager and Nutrition Services Director Pay Rate:
According to Nutrition Services pay scale for this job classification. Term of Employment:
Contract calculated on number of hours assigned per day x number of work days x hourly pay rate. Qualifications:Educational Requirements:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience and skills in Quantity Food Operations, preferred.
- Reading and math skills for recipe and menu use calculations and adjustments.
- Good personal hygiene and sanitary work habits.
- Willingness to work cooperatively and follow directions.
Functions and Responsibilities:Universal USD 250 Classified Standards:
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform responsibilities independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to pleasantly and effectively communicate with the school district community.
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250 and the value of education.
- Comply with the privacy rights of students.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Safeguard confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicate pleasantly and effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provide excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district, state, and federal guidelines.
- React to change positively and productively.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Responsible for food preparation duties as assigned, which may include: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Special Meals.
- Assists in serving line set-up, meal service, and line break-down as assigned.
- Responsible for handling storage of supplies when received and reports supply needs and problems to the Kitchen Manager.
- Assists in the clean-up of all work areas in cooking, serving, and dishwashing areas.
- Responsible for proper preparation and service of food items to students and adults.
- Responsible for proper operation of equipment to insure individual safety and proper use to avoid damage to equipment and reports any problems with the equipment to the Kitchen Manager.
- Responsible for proper handling of food items to maintain quality and safety.
- Responsible for reporting absences as soon as feasible to Kitchen Manager.
- Assists Kitchen Manager as time and need dictates to insure that nutrition services goals and standards are maintained.
- Responsible for keeping of accurate time sheets and reports absences as soon as is feasibly possible to the Kitchen Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing his/her job skills, by taking advantage of training programs on a regular basis.
- Responsible for attending all monthly In-Service meetings with the Nutrition Services Director as often as once per month.
- Responsible for making mealtime as pleasant for students and staff.
- Takes the initiative to do whatever needs to be done to insure the efficient operation of the kitchen with limited supervision.
- Responsible to learn all jobs and duties within the kitchen and willing to cover for others as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
*Position will remain open until filled.
- Physical stamina to work full shift, requires standing and walking.
- Heavy lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Capacity to perform duties in work areas that are both hot and/or cold.
- Ability to work with presence of noise and in situations that are rushed and stressful in order to meet required timelines.
- Customer Service
- Handling And Load Carrying