DescriptionAt PruittHealth Home Health, we’re committed to a lot of things.
But we’re especially committed to caring for our patients and residents, as well as providing our employees with a rewarding career as a member of our PruittHealth family.
That’s why we attract employees who are passionate about providing the highest quality level of care possible for our patients. We also attract people who are looking for a home, rather than just a job – where being part of a family at work is as important as the type of work they are doing. As a member of our team, you will also have access a progressive benefits program that reflects our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners. Position:
Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN (Home Health)Location: Clayton, Henry or Spalding Counties
For a quick apply option and to bypass the application please see below:To apply please email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN (Home Health) $34.20 per visit and $4K bonus JOB PURPOSE:
Provide direct patient care to patients in their place of residence in accordance with PruittHealth policies and procedures. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Provide nursing care according to approved scope of practice in the state and according to best practices in the industry.
- Notify the skilled clinician care manager and/or the primary care physician (as appropriate) of any changes noted during care.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure / Joint Commission) and any subsequently required reports as directed.
- Document care delivered, meeting all regulatory and compliance guidelines for home health care.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of industry and nursing changes. Maintain current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-services.
- Honor patients/residents’ rights to be notified in advance of care, treatment and services to be provided and works with patients and representatives as partners in following a plan of care as approved by the physician, fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards, including exposure to blood and body fluids, as necessary.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control and prevention, etc.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or a graduate of an accredited/approved LPN program.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- Minimum of one (1) year of practical nursing experience is required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Current and unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in state of practice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Previous home health/hospice experience preferred, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience working with elders preferred.
- Get along with co-workers. Maintain effective relationships with management staff, employees and the general public.
- Have timely and regular attendance.
- Maintain patient and company information confidentiality at all times.
- Comply with company Code of Conduct at all times.
- Assist with implementation of the plan of care within goals defined by the physician, patient/patient's family, and interdisciplinary team.
- Provide direct nursing care in patients' residences while following the rules and regulations for certified home health care and the state's practice act.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of this job (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific or current risk of substantial harm to the health and safety of self and others.
- Respond to change productively and handle additional projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility daily to meet needs of the agency's patients.
- Provide nursing services according to the plan of care, under the direction and supervision of the patient case manager.
- Assess the health status of assigned patients according to the agency policies and procedures and scope of practice guidelines.
- Administer medications and prescribed treatments according to physician’s orders and in compliance with State Nurse Practice Act.
- Prepare timely and accurate clinical documentation, including visit and progress notes. Coordinate services as directed by the Case Manager and/or Clinical Manager.
- Inform the physician, Case Manager, Clinical Manager and other interdisciplinary team members of the current patient condition, outcomes, response to treatment and any changes noted that may indicate a change in patient condition or need to revise the plan of treatment.
- Provide nursing care within the accepted standards of practice for industry and profession.
- Document care in accordance with federal and state regulations, company policies and procedures, and accreditation guidelines.
- Meet agency productivity requirements. Utilize time and resources effectively.
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatments/interventions provided and reports results to Case Manager or Clinical Manager on an ongoing basis.
- Instruct the patient/patient representative(s) on home care techniques, safety, etc. as indicated on the plan of care or as directed by the Case Manager or Clinical Manager.
- Assist the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Prepare equipment and materials for treatments in accordance with aseptic technique and best practices for infection control.
- Participate in on-call rotation and assumes on-call duties as assigned.
- Participate in the agency in-service education program.
PruittHealth is an innovative, family-owned organization. We’re committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy and infusion services, and more.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
1st ShiftJob Posting:
May 28, 2021, 11:50:53 AM
Licensed Practical Nurse
Computerized Physician Order Entry