IT Administrator is a key member of the internal IT Operations team providing customer support in a fast-paced entrepreneurial IT company to users located in the office and at multiple external site locations. Responsible for maintaining the company IT environment to include administering Windows/Linux based servers, Cloud Offerings, security stack, configuring and monitoring virtual server deployments and infrastructure.
- Provide technical support to all users across the entire network.
- Responsible for leading Windows related operational support activities (e.g., installation, configuration, and maintenance) including troubleshooting, software installation and general administration as well as user account management and password reset.
- Trouble/problem/service/change ticket generation and management utilizing ticketing system-logging requests from users.
- Establish and standardize IT procedures including documentation
- Responsible for maintaining Windows/Linux based servers, including troubleshooting, software installation and general administration.
- Monitor/Maintain security tools in line with data security best practices.
- Comply with company policies and procedures relating to security, confidentiality and data protection and report any concerns as appropriate.
- Obtain/Maintain professional certifications.
- Be an example for all in terms of ethics and compliance.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that is consistent with the Company's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Participate in a success-oriented, ethical, and accountable environment within the company.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto, Domain controllers, GPO, DNS, NTP, SSL certs, SQL, NetBackup, office automation applications.
- Experience with Office 365 and ADFS authentication
- Experience participating and preparing for internal IT Audits (specifically DFARs, ISO)
- Must be capable to recommend and perform maintenance independently, as required.
- Team Player - be willing to take on multiple roles to ensure success of company
- Government Security Clearance
- Scripting Experience with python,
- Experience with MS Dynamics and Great Plains
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years credible Windows/Linux system administration experience in an operational environment preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Nights and Weekends may be required
- Work environment is an office atmosphere
- Frequent computer/keyboard usage
- Candidate may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Help Desk Support
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 356257
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
SNI Technology Makes Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing Talent List!
View the full profile
SNI Technology® is one of the fastest growing technology recruitment companies in the country specializing in technical careers and temporary jobs. We uniquely align with our clients and the candidates we represent, because our staff is hired from the industry we serve.
We offer technical talent and employment opportunities on a contract, contract–to–hire, and a direct–hire basis in a wide variety of disciplines from helpdesk professionals to the most cutting-edge software architects.
We strive to help clients maintain their corporate strength and focus, while we show our ability to attract top tier technical professionals to supplement or expand their staff. Our recruiting team stays very active in the technology community, so we have specific knowledge of local employment conditions, technical trends, and pending shifts or upgrades that can impact how technology supports your business. We don’t tap into the technical community to find the talent you need – we are a part of it.
Whether a system upgrade or a complete software development project is on the agenda; we have proven technology professionals ready to ensure your success.
If you’ve worked with employment firms in the past, we guarantee you’ll notice the difference!
SNI Companies®, the parent company of SNI Technology specializes in the placement of Accounting & Finance, Administrative, and IT candidates on a temporary and full-time basis through it's Accounting Now, Staffing Now, and SNI Technology divisions. With revenues in excess of $100 million, SNI Companies ranks among the top 100 U.S. staffing companies and was recently named one of the fastest growing private staffing companies in the country by Staffing Industry Analysts. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, SNI Companies has over 40 offices in the Midwest, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast to best serve our job seekers and clients.
Find technical careers and temporary jobs at a SNI Technology recruitment location near you!