To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fayetteville, AR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
University of Arkansas • Fayetteville, AR
Posted 1 month ago
The Accountant II is responsible for preparing to invoice for federal, state, and other external agencies. This position analyzes cost centers for billing requirements and special restrictions; produces interim and final financial reports; reviews contract for pertinent accounting information; generates accounting entries as required; reviews BASIS requests to determine allowability and compliance with policy; responds to requests for information from external agencies, department heads, principal investigators, and departmental accountants.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least one year of experience in accounting or a related area
Applicable equivalencies may be considered.
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)?
If yes, please specify
- Proficient with Excel – Intermediate
- Proficient with WORD – Intermediate
- Experience with grants and contracts
- Experience with UofA BASIS system
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and GAAP
- Knowledge of financial statements and reports
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and accounting information systems
- Must be able to communicate using clear communication skills which could include but not be limited to the following methods: personal face-to-face contact; using e-mail or other written correspondence; through telephone contact
- Ability to interpret and apply provisions of laws, rules, or policies to specific situations
- Ability to review and analyze financial information
- Ability to provide guidance and technical assistance to agency/institution management and staff
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions.
Fayetteville Campus - Administration Building
Pay Grade Level
Type of Background Checks Required
Criminal felony and misdemeanor and national registered sex offender check, Financial Credit Check, National criminal background and registered sex offender check
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information