Financial Analyst AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 770 W Granada Boulevard Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Career growth and advancement potential
Health Insurance Coverage
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
Full Time, Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Financial and Decision Support systems.
- Produces and distributes regular reports from the Financial and Decision Support systems, including but not limited to physician statistics, readmission rates, mortality stats, loss, cost, resource, utilization, comparative data, payer reports, market share and various ad hoc reports.
- Performs integrity checks and reconciliations on data from the Financial and Decision Support systems.
- Assists departments in the analysis of data available to Finance.
- Attains expert knowledge of the Financial and Decision Support systems, including all maintenance, data download routines, report writing/query procedures and knowledge of all data elements available.
- Educates and trains various levels of hospital staff on the use of Financial and Decision Support information and tools.
- Applies mathematical analysis to determine the validity and reliability of statistical data.
- Provides support for field personnel of all Visionware operations system-wide and reporting processes to Administration and other entities. This responsibility would include, but not be limited to:
- Annually, and as needed, reviews and calculates standards/target hours for departments based upon budget information.
- Maintenance and set-up of users and departments in system.
- Performs daily/bi-weekly interface of data to be incorporated into the Visionware system.
- Validates data bi-weekly and reviews reports produced.
- Produces and distributes regular reports from the Visionware system.
- Attends bi-weekly productivity meeting to respond to issues raised and validate data.
- Trains new system users.
- Submits and reconciles information used in quarterly comparative report produced by AHS Productivity Management team.
- Reviews quarterly comparative report produced by AHS Productivity Management team.
- Statistical Reporting
- Prepares statistical reports submitted to AHS or FHMMC.
- Provides accurate and timely financial data analysis and reports to assist management in decision-making process.
- Prepares data for daily statistics including internal statistics and CFO reports.
- Prepares labor-related and supply-related statistical reports including Overtime and Agency reports and Supply dashboards.
- Updates budget templates for presentation to corporate.
- Produces budget reports for analysis.
- General Ledger
- Works closely with Financial Planning and Accounting staff in resolution of data design problems and other related interdepartmental issues.
- Presents information to physicians, departments, and executive groups as assigned.
- Assists Finance Manager with day-to-day operations, when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills a must.
- Must have strong analytical and presentation skills
- Prefer experience in Peoplesoft, HPM, budget software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of two years related experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Analyzes and provides detailed performance improvement data and financial reports available from the various Decision Support and Financial databases, as well as the general ledger. Expert user on all modules of the Financial and Decision Support information systems. Expertise includes all daily, biweekly, monthly, and year-end system maintenance, detailed knowledge of all data elements, and comprehensive report writing skills. Demonstrates ability to analyze customer problems, analyze and present appropriate data, recommend new and/or modified procedures and facilitate implementation. Instrumental in assisting Administration and Departments with information to make key business decisions.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.