TEKsystems is seeking a .NET developer for a Contract-to-Hire opportunity local to the Quad Cities
**No Corp-to-Corp**W-2 Only**
Top Skills Desired:
1) VB.NET, ASP.NET, and/or C#.NET experience, 2-3 years
2) Experience with database and data system development, and maintenance of testing, staging, and production-level network environments as well as software development and maintenance is required.
3) Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and skills in leading a .NET development team utilizing C# and Visual Basic .NET for a customer.
- Serve as a mentor to junior developers and assist with solving complex coding problems for other staff members as needed.
- In addition to being a very skilled developer it is highly desired to also have working knowledge of IIS, Windows Server, Authentication techniques, and application memory management to assist in troubleshooting application problems.
- Leads development planning and all development activities conducted during iterative cycle(s) of "build/code", "test", "review", and "refine". Develops a functional web-based application, web-site, or SharePoint solution based on technical design requirements.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills to communicate and brief complex ideas and problems into easily understood language for management and non-technical customers.
- Full-time work.
- Records all time and expense entries into Web Timesheets on a weekly basis
- Creates technical documentation
- Promotes and participates in the project management methodology
- Provides technical leadership on assigned projects
- Designs, develops and tests applications and components
- Modifies and integrates applications and components
- Analyzes and compares business and technology needs
- Catalogs and saves source code to defined repository
- Performs technical support when necessary
- Reports progress to Project Manager
- Takes initiative for researching, learning, and recommending new technologies to management
- Learns additional duties normally found in other positions and acting as a back-up or additional resource for other departments as assigned
- Communicates information by written and/or verbal communication that is both complete and pertinent to the position
- Looks for opportunities to improve processes, products and services; suggests improvements to work environment to supervisor
- Meets all defined departmental standards for quality, productivity, and efficiency
- Provides open communication & knowledge sharing to all employees to assist in improvement of skill sets
- Keeps work area neat, clean and well organized
- Works overtime and weekends as necessary
- Maintains confidentiality regarding employee, company, and customer information
- Responsible for the successful completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Creates user documentation
- Occasional travel and overnight stays required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and submits suggestions for improvement to work environment/product development
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully, analyzes complex or diverse information and develops workable implementation plans
- Displays original thinking, creativity and ability to think outside the box and generates creative solutions; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Provides exceptional customer service by responding to customer requests for service, support and assistance in a timely manner
- Reacts well under pressure and demonstrates ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Demonstrates dependability by completing tasks on time or notifying appropriate person with alternate plan and arriving at meetings and appointments on time
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences; listens and gets clarification
- Demonstrates professional behavior when communicating and working with employees, vendors and/or customers and exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Shares expertise with others
- Promotes effective communication and interaction among departments
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply .com for other accommodation options.
Visual Basic .Net (Programming Language)
C Sharp (Programming Language)