Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated Agile Coach Manager to help advance and scale our agile adoption activities, working with Scrum Teams to adapt new ways of thinking. This role will be required to collaborate across a complex, matrixed organization. The role will partner with business and technology partners to foster adoption of Wells Fargo Agile, introducing scalable practices which result in sustainable change. Tasked with leading a team of coaches (full time and managed resources) as we pursue the advancement and scaling of agile. The successful candidate will help us develop future best practices and people to support Consumer Lending’s change delivery teams in their transformation.
The primary responsibilities:
- Develop and grow team of Agile Coaches (FTEs and Managed Resources) through training, mentoring and coaching while also supplementing as a Coach when needed
- Partner with Change Management Lead and Agile Coaching community to develop the appropriate onboarding materials for teams new to Wells Fargo Agile
- Educate partners and internal customers on transformation and Wells Fargo Agile
- Coach cross-functional Scrum Teams, guiding them through transformation by facilitating customary and customized Agile activities to achieve successful transition to, and adoption of, the desired target state
- Support constituent partners by identifying challenging change management activities and processes, and effectively cultivating a safe environment for learning and personal / team transformation
- Develop collaborative and cooperative working relationships with multiple organizational, building awareness and generating desire for agile transformation, Wells Fargo Agile, and continuous delivery
- Actively contribute to continuous improvements by collaborating to refine and uplift approach, processes, and all related materials
- Facilitate the learning and adoption of Wells Fargo Agile by individuals and teams as they gain insights and experience with Agile methods and practices
- Ask open and thoughtful questions which help people rethink and change the way they structure work: utilize value streams, influence and encourage continuous value delivery, cultivate iterative application development, QA, and project management
- Guide transformational change with managers, programs, and team levels, in a large matrixed organization, helping them see broader perspectives, and shift mindset to adopt new skills associated with self-governing teams
- Mentor Scrum Masters and teams on best in class Agile practices, and coach technology and business teams in innovative ways to resolve issues inherent in application of the Agile methodology
- Provide strategic thought leadership on impediments to accelerated delivery through active participation in forums and communities of practice
- Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders throughout Wells Fargo to mature the acceptance of accelerated delivery within Wells Fargo
- Guide teams in initial tracking and monitoring of metrics and reporting for transformation diagnostics
- Perform periodic methodology maturity assessments for teams: provide coaching and input to reach higher levels of maturity, continuous improvement
- Ensure teams understand the need to meet all compliance requirements within Wells Fargo
- Aspire to continual self-development, remaining current on all Agile standards and practices; grow understanding of integral Agile and scaling to coach others as transformation expands
- Embrace ambiguity, while fostering an open and collaborative environment to manifest change
- Develop well-articulated written and oral communications content (e.g., emails, presentation materials, etc.) demonstrating a keen understanding and applying the appropriate level of detail dependent upon stakeholders
- Collaborate with peers and partners to share, and evolve, best practices
- Learn business processes and language of Wells Fargo Agile professionals within Wells Fargo
- Design, track, and analyze data for various initiatives, to evaluate adoption and program success and inform future activities
- Recognize and enthusiastically share the benefits of transformation activities and team initiatives
- Deliver quality and timely work on projects requiring a high level of detail
- Remain flexible for shifts in priorities navigating with readiness and efficiency
Location preference is West Des Moines, IA or Minneapolis, MN.
*The position may travel up to 30% of the time
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 6+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning
- 3+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience coaching, and coordinating efforts with, multiple teams, Agile coaches and SCRUM masters within a matrixed technology organization
- Appropriate Certifications for Coaching Agile including Scrum Master. Scrum Coach, Agile Coach (e.g., I.E Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Certified Scrum Coach (CSC), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Agile Coaching Institute Agile Certified Coach (ACI ACC), SAFe, Agility Health Facilitator, PROSCI is a plus)
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile delivery methodology, from business and technology perspective (Waterfall [Solution Delivery Lifecycle: SDLC] is a plus to make appropriate comparative assessments when coaching)
- Proven experience working in large scale Agile as a successful and experienced ScrumMaster
- Experience with one of more Agile tools used for tracking user stories and backlogs (e.g., JIRA)
- Strong spirit of collaboration, working across large organizations to reach a common goal, while actively promoting authenticity, transparency, and thought leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling content and facilitate presentations in an engaging manner, while effectively managing time to ensure full delivery of content to audiences
- Experience facilitating and delivering training or other related facilitation experience such as large group meetings or presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate, and practice active listening – guiding teams to the answer rather than presenting the solution
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed, cross-functional large corporate environment, while influencing and motivating others via multiple media channels
- Change management or large scale transformation experience
- Success thriving in an ambiguous and evolving work environment, while helping others cultivate successful transformation opportunities
- Self-starter, with a proven ability to effectively manage time and produce tangible results
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships in a matrixed organization
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IADisclaimer
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Scrum (Software Development)
Coaching And Mentoring
Agile Software Development
Systems Development Life Cycle