To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA 92614
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Japanese Bilingual Sr. Accountant
Advantage Resourcing • Irvine, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Japanese Bilingual Sr. Accountant
Location: Irvine, CA
FLSA Classification: Exempt, Fulltime
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Required experiences: Please see the bottom of the below job description
The Sr. Accountant position is accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, accounting for the disposition of fixed assets, month-end closing, general accounting operation, creating and verifying journal entries, providing technical support and ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of accounting tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Not official: Please ask more details during your interview)
• Ensures that fixed assets at all locations are properly labeled and accounted for
• Records of fixed asset acquisitions and disposals in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Maintains accurate and detailed depreciation schedules
• Conducts on-site physical inventory (travel necessary) as part of internal controls as well as accompanying outside auditors during inventory counts
• Must clearly and effectively communicate company policies regarding the accounting treatment of fixed assets within the accounting department as well as other departments and upper management
• Produces monthly, quarterly and annual fixed asset roll forward schedules
• Monthly reconciliation of fixed assets sub-ledger to GL accounts
• Ability to research use tax laws of various states and ensure proper recording and treatment
• Annual property tax filings for all locations in multiple states
• Will be the lead contact in the case of property tax audits
• Provides necessary information to 3rd party tax preparers on a timely basis
• Produces forward looking CapEx and depreciation expense estimates
• Must be familiar with various GAAP depreciation methods and produces what-if comparison analysis of the different methods
• Maintains accurate construction in progress schedule
• During month, quarterly and annual close may be asked to assist with the reconciliation of other balance sheet accounts
• Works closely with construction management team as well as store personnel
• Other duties assigned by supervisor
• Maintains inventory controls and assists in counting of physical inventory by applying labels to each asset and conducting inventory counts
• Responsible for Month End closing processes and reconciliations
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile GL and accounts payable
• Participate in financial standards setting
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Ad hoc reporting as required
• Ability to effectively communicate with management in both Japanese and English.
• Previous experience with GP (fixed assets module specifically) preferred
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
• Proven working experience as an Accountant for 3-5 years
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
• Proven knowledge of GAAP, practices, standards, laws and regulations
• High attention to detail and accuracy• Ability to direct and supervise