St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Licensed Practical Nurse, Behavioral Health is primarily responsible for providing direct nursing care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes and reports data regarding assigned patient physical and mental health status.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
- Participates in a collaborative plan of care in accordance with the multi-disciplinary treatment plan and accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Organizes, coordinates, and prioritizes patient care in conjunction with other direct care providers.
- Contributes to patient/family education process and documents accordingly.
- Functions as a professional role model and resource person, providing guidance to other team members (MHT, UC, Students).
- Maintains clinical records of all patient contact according to hospital policy and other regulatory guidelines (i.e., State, JCAHO).
- Documents patient information thoroughly, reflecting consideration of treatment plan.
- Attends department staff meetings (50%), workshops, etc. as scheduled. Comes to meeting prepared to actively participate. Attends departmental/hospital in-services relevant to position.
- Contributes knowledge of clinical and programmatic needs of patients as it relates to clinical knowledge base.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to 2 hours per day, 1 hour at a time. Standing for up to 10 hour per day, 8 hours at a time. Walk for 6 hours per day, 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry, and push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift, carry, and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to 250 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation, and high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color, and peripheral vision.
CPR certified. Graduate of licensed practical nursing program. LPN with current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania or seeking Pennsylvania licensure through reciprocity.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One year Mental Health experience preferred.
40 hours/week, night shift, hours vary depending on the availability of the position
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Practical Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health - Full Time Nights[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Practical Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health - Full Time Nights
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified