The Chauffeur is responsible for driving the community van or bus and assists in managing social activities for the residents in and out of the community. Provides excellent customer service to residents and provides service that supports the mission of âOlder Adults Living Life to the Fullestâ.
- Provides a high level of customer service while transporting residents to and from activities, appointments and other outings. Provides assistance to residents to include boarding and leaving the bus, assistance with seat belts, walkers, securing wheelchairs, groceries and packages.
- Assists the Activity Director or Service Coordinator by coordinating transportation for events, activities, appointments, etc.
- Responsible for general upkeep of the vehicle including: fueling vehicle and conducting preventative maintenance on vehicle to include oil level, tire pressure and delivering vehicle to authorized service facility. Keeps the vehicle clean.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocol as dictated by LSS policy, federal and state regulations and standard practice. Reports all hazardous conditions, defective equipment and accidents or incidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Follows infection control procedures, including proper hand washing, wearing protective clothing and equipment when required.
- May perform other duties to support activities or other departments as requested.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Driverâs License requirements are determined by size of passenger van:
Class C License with a Passenger Endorsement for Missouri and Illinois locations that transport 15 or more passengers.
- Class E License for Missouri locations that transport 14 or fewer passengers.
- Class D License for Illinois locations that transport 14 or fewer passengers.
- No driver under the age of twenty-five (25) or over the age of seventy-four (74) as outlined in the insurance requirements.
- DOT Compliant Physical. Annual physicianâs statement for drivers between ages seventy-one (71) to seventy-four (74) who drive15 or more passenger vans.
- Must be CPR certified upon hire or within 31 days of beginning employment with LSS
- Experience as a bus or van driver preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents. Written skills for reports.
To be successful in this position, an employee will need patience and the ability to handle challenging situations. There may be circumstances that require the ability to make independent decisions when warranted. Flexibility may be required to accommodate evening or weekend activities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities, demands and working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
Employee must be willing to work beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays when necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk to hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee is constantly required to use sight to perform the job of driving.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
The employee is in and out of a vehicle on a daily basis and exposed to outdoor weather conditions that vary.
The employee is sometimes subject to emotionally upset residents or family members.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and standards.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day/Evening Shift (United States of America)
Drive Commercial Vehicle