GDIT is seeking a Software Engineer/DevSecOps Solution Specialist!
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues? The type of person who wants to know what make that application tick? If so, consider an opportunity with our RDS DevSecOps Delivery Team – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Team.
- Application Support and Problem/issue determination and resolution
- DevSecOps production support analyst in a AWS Cloud environment
- This position will work with AWS Cloud Service Vendors, IT Operations and other parties on infrastructure and detailed technical issues
- Support the Systems/Build DevSecOps Team and Sprint Team member as needed.
DevSecOps Delivery Team
Our DevSecOps Delivery Team delivers large-scale Cloud Based secure software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CMS services for both CMS and external based Customers.
DevSecOps Delivery Team professionals focus on key client and application issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing secure technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale Cloud technology delivery program efforts.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
- At least 2 -5 years of technology solution delivery or product/application or other relevant industry experience.
- Software development experience using object-oriented languages (i.e., Java, Anglular, Maven XML) and understanding of containerization (Docker).
- Have Zero tolerance for security vulnerabilities and process inefficiency.
- Always look for opportunities to optimize, automate and secure the daily workflow.
- See beyond the current norm of operation, then design and implement solutions in stages.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Great communication skills in building culture for other engineers to do the same.
- Candidate MUST be a US Citizen to be considered for this position.
- Familiarity with Ansible, Kanban boards, Confluence, JIRA, GIT and Jenkins a plus.
- 1-3 years supporting and or working in AWS cloud platform (RHEL and WinX).
- Ability to translate requirements into design specifications and experience in developing design documents.
- Experience working with business users to gather requirements, writing functional and technical specifications and communicating technical requirements.
- Knowledgeable in software quality concepts such documenting source code and software language specific code quality practices.
- Knowledge of Agile concepts and best practices.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Amazon Web Services