Belmont Behavioral Hospital is a premiere provider of comprehensive treatment for mental health conditions and substance abuse problems. Having been in operation for over 75 years as one of the most prominent providers of behavioral healthcare treatment services, Belmont is proud to offer high quality and specialized programming options for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults who are suffering from psychiatric concerns and chemical dependency.
Belmont Behavioral Hospital currently has an opening for a Utilities Worker, in our Food Services Department.
The Dietary Aide will assemble trays, according to diets on the tray line, serve food in the cafeteria. Other functions will include transportation of food trucks to units, cleaning equipment, dishes, preparing snacks, and putting stock away.
- Keeps work area clean, neat, organized, and free of clutter at all times.
- Follows the “clean as you Go” motto at all times.
- Properly stores food and follows the FIFO method when pulling stored food.
- Covers, labels, and dates all foods to be stored in the refrigerators, freezers and storage room.
- Follows assignments on daily production sheets and notifies Director if unable to complete an assignment prior to the end of the shift and when supplies are needed.
- Follows Production sheets/Menu items/Portion control given by Food Service Director.
- Avoids any possible cross- contamination by the following proper infection control policy and procedures demonstrated in the department’s policy and procedure manual.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the HACCP guidelines by the following proper time, temperature, and storage controls and completes the appropriate documentation as required.
- Notifies the Director when any production or storage problems occur.
- Communicates to the Director if any irregularities immediately.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of all therapeutic diets and what food items or ingredients are allowed.
- Assembles patient meals by following standard portion sizes, temperatures, and diet modifications.
- Handles customers in the cafeteria in a professional and polite manner.
- Prepares the cafeteria with all items prior to opening, serves food using established portion sizes, ensures that the items are restocked and all tables and equipment are cleaned.
- Prepares snacks daily for the next day.
- Load, run and unload dish machine. Keep dish machine/area clean at all times.
- Properly stores all equipment in its established location, air dry pots/pans at all times prior to storing them.
- Follows proper procedures when mopping and using wet floor signs.
- Demonstrates the proper procedure when disposing of trash.
- Follows proper infection control policy and procedures at all times by wearing gloves, hair restraint and follows hand washing techniques.
- Demonstrates proper procedures when cleaning kitchen equipment, such as food carts, dish machine, and mops etc…
The ideal candidate will:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Culinary Training or Minimum of three years’ experience with high volume cooking preferred.