To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Systems Administrator
Apex Systems • Columbia, MD
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems is looking for a Jr. Systems Administrator to support a government contract in Columbia, MD. If interested, please submit your most up-to-date resume to Jared Sanson. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance and a DHS EOD Public Trust per condition of employment.
Junior System Administrator
- Linux System Administrator, Member of a team of system administrators developing, deploying, and managing professional services solutions exclusively to Federal Government clients.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities: Develops and applies junior to mid-level methods, theories and research techniques in investigation and solution of complex and difficult system design requirements and problems.
- Technically support existing and new projects through all project lifecycle phases.
- Coordinate efforts with the system administrator lead and additional technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of systems additions and/or enhancements and recommends corrections in technical application.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Education: Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years applicable progressively complex systems design administration experience, including integration of complex hardware/software systems.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Linux System experience, Redhat certified w/ 3-5+ years’ experience, college degree in an Information Technology related field.
Desired: Virtualization experience (VMware) as well as Puppet and/or Ansible experience.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178