To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI 48901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Accounting Operations
Accident Fund Holdings, Inc • Lansing, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Responsible for managing the financial processes that are critical to the day-to-day insurance accounting operations for both COBX and AF Group. This position has overall accountability for the accuracy and timeliness of premium/revenue billings, collections, policy and claim disbursements, as well as accounts receivable/accounts payable reporting. Position will manage all technical and operational aspects of accounting operations of cash application, various billings, cash receipts, cash disbursements and banking operations. Explains financial results and their implications to company management.
- Manages the preparation and communicates the aging receivable for the Enterprise
- Manages the cash processing functions for both COBX and AF Group, including the timely and accurate recording of cash to policies/customers, deductible balances, claims and other recoveries, as well as the related journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Manages the premium refund and policyholder dividend processes for AF Group.
- Manages the general accounting functions for loss funds, miscellaneous receivables and commissions for the Enterprise (loss funds, miscellaneous receivables and commissions).
- Makes business decisions, develops, implements, and trains on accounting procedures for various processes to meet the requirements of the business written.
- Responsible for agent, policyholder, internal account management and client interactions on any issues that require special attention or interaction.
- Serves on various projects making business decisions for duties managed as well as consultant on day to day activities for enterprise projects.
- Manages collection and receivable activity and compliance for the Enterprise, including approval of past due receivables to external agencies, approving payment arrangements and settlement offers and determining when collection efforts have been exhausted.
- Analyizes activity and establishes the uncollectible liability for the Enterprise.
- Manages the billing function for subsidiaries, including all agency bill, small, as well as assigned risk or product and service related invoicing.
- Responsible for departmental and/or unit plan implementation and execution.
- Selects, monitors, coordinates and manages external vendors responsible for receivable collection activities.
- Establishes and monitors staff workload. Creates metric based dashboards used for both financial reviewing and staffing models.
- Supports system installations, conversions and upgrades, including report design, development and testing.
- Serves as primary project team owner for accounting operations on Enterprise projects; key role in development of business requirements, testing and implementation.
- Supports both internal and external audits, including communication, documentation and interpretation on all things related to banking, collections, commissions and cash management.
- Develops and documents new or changed policies and procedures to provide better financial management, to maximize efficiency and improve internal control
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.