OverviewCalling all Rock Star Veterinary Assistants Fairland Animal Hospital
is seeking a highly motivated Veterinary Assistant to join our team! Qualified applicants must be able to multi-task effectively, have good attention to detail, exceptional customer service and communication skills. The Veterinary Assistant is responsible for assisting Veterinarians and LVT / RVT / CVT Veterinary Technicians in the care of animals, the hospital, and all medical equipment and machinery. Assistants will help maintain a clean, efficient, and healthy environment for animals being treated or boarded at the hospital. The Veterinary Assistant is a crucial part of the medical team and is responsible for advocating for the patient as well as education of the clients Why Fairland Animal Hospital?
We are a busy and growing 3 doctor practice who has exceptionally high standards of care for our patients, and performs specialized diagnostics, treatment, and therapy. We are passionate about supporting our staff and are committed to your personal career development with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We create and support an inclusive work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve. Benefits:
- We offer competitive pay along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), short term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and an employee pet discount.
- Assist doctors and LVT / RVT / CVT with appointments, prepping patients for surgery and minor procedures, and pro-actively set up any equipment and or tools to be used for a patient
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient, and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures
- Obtain accurate vital signs on patients
- Document any changes of a pet's condition and vital signs appropriately in medical records and notify doctor or veterinary technicians of any unusual medical or behavioral problems
- Communicate with clients per hospital policy in a compassionate and professional way on either the status of their pet, or any questions they may have
- Perform other duties as assigned by doctors and LVT / RVT / CVT to assist in the smooth flow of the daily operation of the hospital
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Knowledge of medical procedures and animal handling
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holidays.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- Diagnostic Skills
- Hardworking And Dedicated