Customer Service Representatives (CSR) at MAXIMUS make an impact everyday by providing support via the telephone and Internet to respond to customer inquiries and resolve complex issues for the UMUC Student Services Service Center. This position will use basic office equipment and technology such as telephones, email, and web browsers to perform duties. To prepare you for this role, MAXIMUS provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our customer service representatives care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism. Our MISSION SUCCESS starts with you. Ensure your own success, join our MISSION.Job Description Summary
Pay and Benefits:
- Base rate = $13.89
- Potential bonuses for excellent work and attendance
- A variety of shifts that meet lifestyle and family goals
- Leadership support to ensure success in a meaningful career
- Fun, professional atmosphere
- Many opportunities for promotion and career advancement into global company
- Responds to inquiries received from students through phone and online channels related to student services issues such as admissions, financial aid, and business office questions.
- Uses a computer system to track questions and answers as well as enter requests.
- Responds to written inquiries according to standard operating procedures.
- Escalates more complex questions to Team Lead or Supervisor.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of program and company regulations and policies and support those policies and procedures
- Adhere to UMUC policies and procedures as they relate to the confidentiality of information and protect personal identifiable information (PII)
- Practice MAXIMUS Core Values and act as a role model
- May be required to work MAXIMUS scheduled holidays and other non-regular business hours
- Participates in special projects as required; performs other duties as assigned.
- Will be required to successfully complete periodic program-specific training
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- May be required to work off-shift as necessary, to include night and weekend hours.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College experience or degree is preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of related customer service, call center or help desk experience.
- Knowledge of customer products and services.
- Computer skills, which may require proficiency in one or more specific applications, depending on job assignment. Must be able to type 20-25 words per minute.
- Strong communication and customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork, initiative, detail orientation, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to recognize trends and escalate priority issues.
- Uses good judgment to make decisions and proactively problem solve, as required.
- Ability to work effectively within established contractual turnaround times.
- Must have demonstrated excellent listening and interpersonal skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. Launch your career with MAXIMUS through one of our dynamic customer service centers.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Complex Problem Solving