Security Officer - Advent Health - Fish Memorial
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial
- Work for a healthcare system that believes in “Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- Career growth and advancement potential
- No State income tax
- Competitive Pay and benefits
On call, days, evenings, and nights (all shifts when needed)
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Routinely patrols hospital buildings and campus grounds
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. Facilitates planned drills and simulations
- Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Documents and manages security records
- Locks and unlocks doors according to schedule. Ensures all buildings are secured after-hours according to the lockdown schedule.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients and/or visitors
- Follows facility protocol regarding Baker Act patients
- Responds to and coordinates emergency code activity
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree with course work in security, law enforcement, or emergency management, OR
- Technical college certificate in a criminal justice or related field, OR
- One year of security, law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS), firefighting, or military experience
- State of Florida Class E driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth Policy
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Training Certification. If applicant is not currently certified, must be completed within the first 180 days of employment.
Provides security services to promote a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors. Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.