$3,000.00 sign-on bonus
(**external candidates only eligible for bonus)
Are you passionate about nursing in an environment that empowers you to be the best you can be? An environment that allows you to deliver superior, patient centered care? If you answered yes, then we welcome you to join our Team as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Olathe Health nurses provide high quality compassionate care to our patients and their families every day. Our nursing team’s culture of compassion and collaboration expands beyond patient care. We encourage each nurse to keep learning and growing by consistently providing them resources to deliver better care.
- Vocational / Technical Minimum
- Previous Healthcare Experience Preferred
- 1 - 3 Years Preferred
- Lab Competency Testing (if applicable) (Minimum proficiency)
- None Healthcare Provider CPR – (American Red Cross or American Heart Association ONLY) Minimum Upon Hire
- Active Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in accordance with the Kansas Nurse Licensure Compact Minimum Upon Hire
- Adheres to and/or maintains departmental policies and procedures, to be regulatory compliant with TJC, OSHA, safety standards, or other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates flexibility required to meet changing priorities.
- Identify gaps in care. Managing, Educating, and Coordinating Care Opportunities
- Maintains current up to date computer skills to successfully navigating the electronic health record.
- Implements workflow processes based on the latest Meaningful Use/Hedis & EMR updates.
- Completes clinical procedures effectively utilizing products and equipment appropriately.
- Continually identifying, educating and coordinating care opportunities.
- Completes all Patient Centered Medical Home training and education as assigned and incorporates these in to day to day clinical workflow.
Our Nursing Environment Includes:
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals (up to $5,250/year)
- RN Residency program that follows the ANCC evidence-based criteria. We want you to be comfortable and confident as you transition from student to nurse to professional nurse
- PACE – Nursing Professional Achievement of Clinical Expertise (PACE) Program
- A Shared Governance Model
- Collaborative professional work environment
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Electronic Medical Record
- Ancc Certified
- Nurse Licensure Compact