The Chaplain is a member of the interdisciplinary team and focuses on the spiritual needs of patients, families, caregivers and staff, including volunteers. The chaplain provides pastoral care interventions, including pastoral counseling, which are determined by spiritual assessment, the specific setting and sensitivity to a variety of values, beliefs and religious orientations. The chaplain seeks excellence in pastoral care, which requires authentic demeanor, compassion and skill in dealing with the spiritual dynamics of illness, loss and death.
- Qualified candidates must have Ordination or Commission to function in a ministry of pastoral care and has received the endorsement of and is in good standing with his/her body of faith.
- Five years of pastoral experience preferred - two in a clinical setting.
- A minimum of 1 unit (400 hours), preferably two (2) or more, of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) accredited by one of the following: Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, National Association of Catholic Chaplains or the Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education.
- Equivalencies to CPE may include one of the following: Evidence of clinical pastoral educational experience that includes supervision of ministry, peer group participation and theological reflection; AAMFT, AAPC, or AMHC certification; or DMin or other accredited graduate degree in pastoral care.
- Knowledge and skill in dealing with spiritual dynamics of illness, loss and death.
- Ability to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited institution.
- Master's of Divinity or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited (ATS) seminary or theological school required.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
VITAS® Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the resources and expertise to support your personal and professional growth. As a member of the VITAS team, you’ll find fulfillment working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our hospice mission.
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism, collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard—find your purpose at VITAS today.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
- Clinical Works
- Diseases And Disorders