To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Warren, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Principal Engineer
CIRCOR International, Inc • Warren, MA
Posted 7 days ago
BUSINESS: CIRCOR Naval Solutions
LOCATION: Warren, MA
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Defense Engineering
TITLE: Head of Technology (Sr. Principal Engineer) A&D Warren
CIRCOR International, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets differentiated technology products and sub-systems for markets including oil & gas, industrial, aerospace & defense and commercial marine. CIRCOR has a diversified flow and motion control product portfolio with recognized, market-leading brands that fulfill its customers’ mission critical needs. The Company’s strategy is to grow organically and through complementary acquisitions; simplify CIRCOR’s operations; achieve world class operational excellence; and attract and retain top talent.
CIRCOR Naval Solutions Division located in Warren, MA is part of the Aerospace and Defense segment of CIRCOR International. The Warren location includes pumps under the Warren Pumps® Brand and valves under the Portland brand. Warren Pumps started in 1897 and focuses on highly engineered and custom-built pumps made of a wide variety of exotic materials in both centrifugal and positive displacement technologies. Portland Valve products include a broad range of specialized valves for various shipboard services. Both companies focus on the Submarine, Carrier and Destroyer programs in a number of critical fluid applications.
The Head of Technology for A&D Warren is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the product portfolio. The Head of Technology works with Executive and Engineering Leadership as well as front of business teams to grow the company through the use and deployment of differentiated technology. He/she the industry Subject Matter Expert (SME) and liaises with top-level community engineers and management on all technological aspects of all products in the product portfolio. The Head of Technology is the highest level of individual contributor within an organisation. Using an active and practical approach, he/she will provide guidance on investments to achieve the company’s strategic goals.
The Head of Technology will have responsibility for:
- the provision of technical guidance on all engineering aspects of the product portfolio including participation, on a risk basis, in design reviews
- the development and maintenance of technology roadmaps
- the development and management of technology investment plans
- the development and maintenance of technical relationships with key customers, technology partners, industry associations and research bodies
- lead bodies of work aimed at reducing identified technical risks
- in conjunction with engineering leadership review, recommend and as necessary revise product verification and validation processes considered necessary to ensure performance of product to international, national, customer and company technical specifications are fully met
- the provision of technical support to the front end of the business in the pursuit and capture of significant and/or strategically important growth opportunities
- Act as technical mentor to the engineering organization and work closely with local leadership to advance technical expertise, knowledge transfer, and design guidelines documentation.
- Conduct internal technical training to advance engineering expertise in the product domain.
- Lead internal product design reviews of new products to assure design robustness and compliance to the design due diligence process.
- Advance the analytical capabilities and methodologies to speed up product development process and assure verification success.
- Support troubleshooting technical issues and act as Circor spokesperson in front of the customer.
- Explore, develop and assist in implementation of new manufacturing technologies to advance product performance and reduce variation.
- the development and presentation of technical papers at industry forum’s conferences etc. with a focus on growth through the application of technology
- the development and maintenance of relationships within the principle engineering community at CIRCOR
- participating in CIRCOR wide technology centred initiatives which may include, but not be limited to: support for company research projects, innovation events, acquisition due diligence etc.