You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Structural Cad Drafter
Location: Sterling, VA
Job Category: Freyssinet Application Profile
Date Posted: 01/22/2023
Salary Interval: Hourly
Thank you for your interest in Freyssinet, Inc. To apply for a position with our company, please click on the green "Apply Now" button above to complete our application for employment and upload your resume if you have one. Upon review of your resume/application a hiring manager will be in touch.
Freyssinet, Inc is currently seeking a qualified Structural Cad Drafter to join our Engineering Team. As a Structural Cad Drafter you will be under the supervision of a Structural Engineer. The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Read and comprehend Structural design and hardware drawings.
• Communicate effectively with Engineering Department and Project Managers.
• Operate AUTOCAD 2000 or higher to prepare detailed shop and hardware drawings, involving: tendon layouts for bridges, RC slabs and other concrete structures; steel frames and brackets detailing; structural repair details; machine and equipment schemes and fabrication drawings; hardware fabrication drawings.
• Prepares shop and hardware sketches and/or drawings by rendering sectional, auxiliary, and multi views, sub-assemblies, dimensions, and developments; producing orthographic projections.
• Develop detailed drawings of hardware parts and assemblies based on Engineer’s sketches description and explanation.
• Revises and updates shop and hardware drawings as per Engineer’s directions
• Prepares and relays drawings to project managers and company suppliers.
• Documents work by recording data and drawings; updating databases.
• Modifies drawings by analyzing, resolving, and incorporating changes, working with standardized blocks and layering system.
• Keeps current on overall activities of the office and/or warehouse, identifying problem areas, and taking corrective actions.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Technical Manager.
Freyssinet, Inc. has a strong Safety culture and it is imperative that the Project Engineer adhere to our Safety culture and be setting the example for others by demonstrating that Safety is held in the highest regards.
Interested candidates for this position should have the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.nce and high standards.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD 2000 or higher.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Previous experience in structural CAD drafting is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Freyssinet, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a zero-tolerance, drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources.
Women, Veterans and Minorities are encouraged to apply!
"EEO is the Law" Poster - https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
"EEO is the Law Supplemental" Poster -https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
"Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination" Poster -https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
"E-Verify" Poster - [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Structural Cad Drafter to Work" Poster - [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Structural Cad Drafter />
- Assembly And Installation
- Auto Cad
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3973486396
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.