URL blocked - click to apply
Job ID: 154942
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State and Western Massachusetts. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americas in 1985.
Job Description Summary
Candidate will report directly to the site superintendent communicating production requirements and maintenance needs. They will operate various pieces of equipment safely and efficiently. Candidate will float between asphalt and aggregate plants as needed.
- Inspect machine and fill out pre-shift inspection form daily.
- Adhere to all MSHA and Company safety rules/regulations
- Perform assigned tasks safely and proficiently.
- Maintain equipment properly (fuel, grease, etc. as required)
- Pull material stockpiles with front-end loader when required.
- May be called upon at discretion of the Foreman to grade roads and also prepare blast areas in addition to performing any other duties assigned that may include operation of loader, excavator, dozer, grader, secondary breaker or other auxiliary equipment and/or to assist other departments if necessary.
- Perform maintenance mechanic duties in all plant areas as instructed by management
- Perform housekeeping duties in all plant areas as instructed by management.
- Attend training classes as required
- May be called upon at discretion of the foreman to perform any other duties assigned and/or to assist other departments if necessary.
- May be called upon at discretion of the foreman to operate asphalt or aggregate plant in the absence of the plant operator.
- Seasonal position with overtime required during the peak season
- Wear proper PPE at all times ( Personal Protective Equipment )
- Learn and implement MSHA standards and regulations to insure a safe operating environment is maintained at all times. Report any safety concerns to the foreman immediately.
- Work long hours and weekends
- Cover vacations in different task when needed
- Available to work day or night shift
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in mechanical maintenance
- Demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance
- Demonstrate a willingness to work and communicate well with supervisor’s, truck drivers and other employees
- Experience in welding/fabricating
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain MSHA, OSHA and all other company policies or Government state rules and regulation’s
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the safe operation of all front-end loaders on site.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate backhoe, skid-steer, grader, excavator and forklift
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe and clean condition
- Have the ability to follow through with efficiency on verbal and written instructions
- Maintain excellent attendance, and maintain a can-do, positive attitude
- Physical exam, drug screen and background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Prior experience in the aggregate field
- Ideal candidate will have some familiarly with mobile equipment
- Prior experience is preferred, but training will be provided as needed
- High school graduate or equivalent
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)