Director of Strategic Account
Are you looking to build your career with an exciting industry? Are you looking to become a part of a growing excellent organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Steritech is proud to be a member of the Rentokil family of companies in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.Responsibilities
What do our Director of Strategic Accounts do?
The Director of Strategic Accounts is a team leadership position on the Account Management Team reporting to the Senior Director, Customer Experience. The Director, Strategic Accounts provides the overall strategy, vision and innovation for the market segment. The primary focus of this position is to ensure excellent account management for clients within the market segment, provide effective leadership and direction to the market segment team, and to strengthen and develop Steritech's thought-leadership position within the market segment.
In addition, the Director, Strategic Accounts must possess an in-depth understanding of the Brand Standards business, Steritech protocols and procedures and specific customer brand requirements to ensure a high level of service to the client and to facilitate excellent communication between Steritech and all levels of the client organization.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Creates and executes the overall strategy, vision and innovation plans for the market segment.
- Establishes productive, professional and consultative relationships with C-Suite and executive personnel throughout the market segment (at both the franchise and corporate level). Builds credibility and trust through collaboration with others.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the market segment builds the strategy for networking and develops internal expertise.
- Maintains/Fosters a Client Advisory Council to share best practices, insights, trends and industry benchmarking.
- Actively assists National Accounts and sales teams through lead generation, prospecting, participation in requests for proposal (RFPs) and other new business development efforts.
- Meets assigned targets for new sales, organic growth, contract renewal, profitability, accounts receivables, and strategic objectives for the vertical.
- Develops and delivers forecasts, strategic plans, budget management, and financial reporting for the market segment.
- Coordinates the involvement of the vertical team (Specialists, Account Managers, Support Services, technical resources, operations management and leadership) in order to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations.
- Provides performance and career development feedback to a team of 5-8 strategic account management direct reports. Responsible for selection, hiring, motivating, developing, coaching, appraising, and retaining the best people in the industry. Builds and encourages the long-term development of others to build capability.
- Focused on continuous improvement of self, team, and the business at large, both professionally and personally. Continuous learning through periodicals, networking, and other industry and leadership opportunities.
- Submits weekly, monthly and yearly reports as required; including ensuring administrative procedures are performed as necessary to complete required reports.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in business or management-related field and at least 5+ years of strategic account management experience managing large national and/or global brand relationships and at least 3+ years of market segment experience or successful record of accomplishment as a Strategic Account Manager (internal candidates).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform in high pressure and dynamic situations with skill and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on projects and initiatives.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, both virtual and face-to-face. Able to represent Steritech through broadcasts, conference presentations, and panels.
- Ability to have tough conversations, effectively manage internal politics, and handle conflict in a healthy, relationship-building manner.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with a record of accomplishment of results.
- Ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer-focused decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate financial knowledge and business acumen.
- Proven success motivating and inspiring a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Desire and ability to travel via car and airplane to meet clients, participate in field operations, attend meetings and present at conferences as necessary.
- Proficiency with Google applications (docs, sheets, calendar, drive, hangouts, etc.)
- Minimum seven years of strategic sales experience in a business-to-business sales and/or account management organization. - Preferred
- Proficient in Salesforce. - Preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - Preferred
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Passenger car, telephone, personal computer, other general office equipment.
- Walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, sitting, driving, seeing, communicating (orally & in writing)
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version - Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)
New Business Development