SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NDE LEVEL II INSPECTOR, DIGITAL RADIOGRAPHY INSPECTION (DR) - TRAVEL
A NDE level II inspector position at SpaceX sits within the quality control network supporting production as part of the NDE department. The NDE function is organized within focused production area cells alongside the production activities utilizing multiple and varied inspection methods to efficiently provide quality control and protect product reliability.
* Perform volumetric NDE inspections with advanced radiographic techniques: traditional analogue, computed and direct digital
* Perform near surface NDE inspections with dye penetrant and visual inspection methods
* Interpret, evaluate, communicate and report findings to production and engineering
* Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
* Optimize and manipulate digital images for maximum clarity and accuracy
* Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
* Assist in training and developing others within the team
* Support research and development of system qualification and certification for critical processes
* High school diploma or equivalency certificate
* 2+ years of experience as a level II non-destructive evaluation/testing inspector
* NDE level II certification in line with ASNT TC-1A/NAS-410 guidance in radiography (RT) and digital radiography (DR)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 3+ months of experience performing digital radiography and have held Computed or direct digital certification. Also, has/has had Radiation safety training/certification with IRRSP X-ray card
* Experience performing NDE testing within the aerospace industry
* NDE level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A guidance in dye penetrant (PT) and visual inspection (VT)
* Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
* Knowledge of carestream, virtual media integration (VMI), or YXLON imaging kits
* Knowledge of AMS, AWS/ASME, ASTM, etc.
* Basic understanding of lean principles: 5S, kaizen, continuous improvement initiatives
* Ability to travel to other SpaceX sites up to 100%
* Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
* Ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, and walk
* Willingness to work overtime and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at
- Business Process Improvement
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)
- Digital Image
- Digital Radiography
- Health Physics