Areas is now hiring a Accounts Payable Coordinator based out of our corporate office. Candidate must be able to pass a series of background checks. For more information please visit our website at www.areasusa.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes client invoices and mails them as requested.
- Manages client invoice copy files.
- Opens and distributes department mail, check stub and bank deposit file upkeep.
- Administers customer invoice payments, checks or electronic payments.
- Updates client payment records and the AR ledger
- Answers AR customer phone inquiries.
- Researches and handles customer charge-backs, returns, and bad checks, and adjusts the AR ledger as directed.
- Prepares recommendation for internal Cash allocation
- Prepares Account Payable Vouchers to clear internal cash allocation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
High School Diploma, preferred an Associates Degree. Minimum of 2 years of experience, preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite and accounting systems (Lawson preferred - not limited to QuickBooks). Additionally, to perform the job successfully the incumbent should demonstrate the following skills and qualifications to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem solving-identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Customer service-managing difficult client/customer situations, responding promptly to customer needs, soliciting customer feedback to improve service, responding to requests for service and assisting to meet commitments.
- Planning/organizing-prioritizing and planning work activities and using time efficiently.
- Quality control-demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness, monitoring own work to ensure quality and applying feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity-meeting productivity standards and completing work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability-adapting to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and being able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability-being consistently at work and on time, following instructions, responding to management direction and soliciting feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security-observing safety and security procedures and using equipment and materials properly.