25 June St
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for various facets of patient cash posting, cash reconciliation, self-pay, over the counter payment posting, resolution of customer service inquiries and on-site financial counseling. Responsible to perform the necessary account research required to determine proper charging, payment protocols, billing and guarantor statement processes occurred. Supports the overall success of the organization and revenue cycle by demonstrating flexibility, collaboration and cooperation in a High Performance Work Team environment while, maintaining a high level of production and service quality. Continues to gain knowledge in all areas of Client Relations to follow the MaineHealth growth path.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: High School graduate or GED. Associates Degree preferred.
* License/Certifications: Certified Application counselor (CAD) preferred.
* Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of Hospital or Provider Based billing experience or Financial Counseling experience required. Additional years of experience preferred. Associate or Bachelor degree in Healthcare may be considered in lieu of experience. Hospital or Provider Based billing, cash posting, insurance follow up or refunds experience preferred.
* Able to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment and perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Keyboard and data entry skills required. Computer experience is required with Microsoft Word and Excel, e mail, and internet communication, as well as the ability to work effectively with electronic work quality monitoring and electronic systems.
* Requires the employee to have experience with or the capability to be trained to solve problems and work towards solutions in an independent and/or team manner.
* Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD9/10 codes.
* Ability to effectively communicate complex issues and concepts. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and identify root causes to prevent future recurrence of customer complaints.
MaineHealth was ranked a Best-In-State Employer in 2021 and one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
- Cash Management
- Certified Application Counselor
- Computer Keyboards