To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Millersville, MD 21240
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Patient Care Technician B
University of Maryland Medical System • Millersville, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the Nursing Care Plan performs delegated competency validated patient care functions and applies technical skills of a limited uncomplicated nature. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas and to transport medications to/ from medication storage and delivery areas.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Provides direct patient care which includes bathing, making beds, feeding, oral hygiene, giving shampoos, turning and positioning patients, and the like.
- Initiates CPR procedures.
- Identifies, records, and reports overt findings to the Registered Nurse concerning the physical and mental condition of a patient.
- Assists nurses in assembling equipment and in performing various treatments and tests.
- Administers and changes routine dressings to stage one and two wounds, surgical incisions, and peripheral IV sites after assessment by a Registered Nurse.
- Gathers equipment required to, and initiates placement IV for the patient as directed by the registered nurse.
- Performs venipuncture for drawing blood samples and established IV access.
- Performs urinary bladder catheterization for temporary or permanent placement and implements catheter care in stable patients as delegated by the registered nurse.
- Cleans, sterilizes, and appropriately cares for equipment and instruments in accordance with operational procedure.
- Administers enteral tube feedings via nasogastric or gastrostomy tubes, as supervised by registered nurse.
- Sets up and operates multiple lead EKG machines; attaches and removes EKG leads; runs a rhythm strip.
- Performs chest physical therapy, tracheal suctioning, tracheostomy care and incentive spirometry treatments as delegated and supervised by the responsible registered nurse.
- Performs minor housekeeping tasks to keep patient areas in a clean and sanitary condition; recognizes, reports, or corrects environmental conditions, which may jeopardize patient safety and well being.
- Performs related and delegated tasks when necessary such as admission and/or discharge assistance, setting up special equipment, taking and relaying messages, procuring equipment, and running errands.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Maryland Nursing Assistant Certification required
- Completion of one of the following training programs: hospital based program, community college, Emergency Medical Technician, Medical Corpsmen.
- Employees with work experience that provide on the job training equivalent to the above programs can be considered as a substitute to a formal PCT training program.
- Minimum of one year of recent, direct patient care experience required.
- Current CPR certification is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.