To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD 20892
- Justin Dehorty
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Operations Coordinator - Travel Planning Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions • Bethesda, MD
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Operations Coordinator - Travel Planning Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking an Operations Coordinator to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Manage projects and activities for staff, notify staff of information needs, draft responses, and coordinate and provide status reports.
- Plan meetings and video conferences; document such meetings including meeting minutes and recording of action items; follow up to ensure completion.
- Prepare reports to funding bodies; prepare applications for grant funding, assistance in manuscript preparation and editing, and assistance in managing reviews of scientific manuscripts by external reviewers.
- Monitor, track and expedite the progress of ongoing projects.
- Process travel orders which include arranging flight, hotel, conference registration, auto (if applicable), and other reservations; maintain copies of all travel orders, vouchers, and leave forms in the established office file.
- Schedule and make arrangements for meetings and events within and outside the department, to include reserving space, setting the time and contacting participants, transmitting agenda and materials to be discussed.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, identifying and providing resources, and assisting with problem solving and/or handling routine matters.
- Maintain accuracy of data files via multiple software systems which include computerized procurement reports and communication programs.
- Perform budget tracking, spending reports preparation and invoicing.
- Communicate with scientific staff for interviews, prepare and route personnel packages for laboratory staff.
- Collaborate with other internal and external departments or collaborators and institutions to request or furnish publications, documentation and other relevant information as required.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline.
- Minimum of six (6) years of related experience.
- Previous work in or exposure to laboratory environment.
- Experience producing reports, meeting minutes, and organized presentations.
- Experience managing budgets and projects.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently.
- Familiarity with basic principles and practices of accounting.
- Experience in office IT.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE. Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.