To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Fire Alarm Technician
EMCOR Group, Inc • Birmingham, AL
Posted 7 days ago
Northstar Alarm and Suppression System, LLC provides fire alarm, fire suppression, and life-safety systems for the fire protection industry. Northstar offers certified alarm equipment that alerts clients through easy-to-use devices such as smartphones or computers. From addressable alarm systems to mass notification systems, Northstar’s custom alarm and life safety systems are designed to suit nearly any environment. Northstar also installs and services Special Hazards Suppression Systems, which are used to protect high-hazard, high-value or special equipment that can't be protected by a conventional fire sprinkler system.
Fire Alarm Installation Technician
Install Fire Alarm Systems for all types of projects including Industrial and Commercial. Must be organized, efficient and work well with others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install Fire alarm, suppression and releasing systems as well as associated devices in accordance with industry standards
- Responsible for reading and understanding project documentation and work orders including scope of work.
- Inform Coordinator of any problems and concerns with assigned projects
- Develop thorough understanding of integrating a fire alarm system with HVAC controls, smoke management systems, elevator controllers, sprinkler/suppression systems, card access, security systems, and CCTV.
- Report to assignment with required testing tools including suitable multi-meter, hand tools, printer, etc.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, software/systems, programs, schematics, and operation/product manuals
- Prepare associated paperwork/forms for customer service activities
- Return completed documentation required for master customer file, future inspections, service, accounting and payroll in a timely manner
- Maintain confidential information
- Travel up to 30% of the time in the South and Southeast
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid Texas FAL license
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the commercial new construction market
- NICET II certification preferred
- Ability to understand Ohm’s law, resistance and AC/DC circuits
- High Mechanical Interest
- Fire Alarm Clean Agent experience a plus
- Ability to climb ladders, lift/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to multi-task to the extreme
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Excellent communicator, self-motivated individual with great organizational skills
- Only applicants who possess the minimum qualifications will be considered
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled