Job Title: Benefits Customer Service Representative
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Type of Position: Contract Position – Start date of 7/09/2019
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-6pm (must be able to work extended hours during open enrolment-9pm)
Pay: $16.25/hr OR $16.75/hr for bilingual candidates
NOTE: *The client requires candidates to work on a W2 basis*
The Benefit Customer Service Representative provides customer service support for client pension and/or health and welfare plans using web-based systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide a high level of customer service support when handling customers’ questions/complaints in respect to defined benefit pension and/or health and welfare plans.
- Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations (responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrate flexibility to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
- Proficiently translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
- Read and understand client’s plan documents, amendments or online knowledge base tools, etc. Collect relevant information, determine immediate requests/questions and also anticipate the future needs of the member
- Maintain diplomacy and tact while dealing with upset or escalated callers
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
- Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes
- Respond professionally to customer inquiries/complaints received via phone, email or other communication channels
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of customer service in a changeable work environment
- Participate in team meetings and training
- Possess a cooperative and positive attitude towards customers, internal contacts and team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service setting, at least 2-3 years is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs (specifically Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment and prioritize and organize work
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule (30 – 40 hours/week with some overtime requested; variety of schedule start and end times)
- Must have excellent attendance and be punctual to work
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
***As a contract employee of Apex Systems, you are eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Shorter Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts / Perks and our Referral Program.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Operate Cash Register
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue