To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winchester, VA 22602
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facility Design Manager I/II
Navy Federal Credit Union • Winchester, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To ensure the Navy Federal interior workplace presents to employees and members a professional appearance conducive to efficient and effective work effort. To design, plan and implement facility modifications and associated interior layouts, including walls, furniture and equipment to meet evolving business unit requirements.
1. Analyzes, designs, plans and implements facility changes and improvements while ensuring building interiors remain professional in appearance and uphold Navy Federal traditions .
• Forecast long-term space requirements to ensure credit union assets are protected
• Researches, prepares documentation and may set corporate guidelines and designs furniture layouts to maintain consistency
• Identifies solutions and strategies that take into consideration reporting and process adjacencies, equipment and personnel requirements, structural limitations and appropriate utilization of building space
• Develops and presents space-planning strategy recommendations to management
• Ensures space layout and building floor plan designs are in compliance with the Life Safety Code, ADA, and OSHA standards
• Evaluates finished projects and makes recommendations to improve future projects processes
• Uses CAFM applications to manage corporate space and moves to update building plans.
2. Manages and coordinates building space through the efficient implementation of office personnel relocations.
• Discusses space layout and building floor plan designs with business unit to identify operational requirements
• Meets with all levels of business unit management and other staff to develop and negotiate space utilization and alternative designs that meet organizational objectives, support maximum space utilization, and sustain or improve job performance of employees and productivity of the business unit
• Implements move plans (e.g., timing and sequence of activities and logistics) and typically schedules, coordinates and monitors work of contract interior designers, architects, construction contractors, office suppliers, movers, installers, facility staff and ISD to ensure business unit moves are executed with minimal operational disruption and meet Navy Federal quality standards
• Identifies problem sources, recommends corrective actions/develops solutions
• Interprets County government permit requirements and when needed provides furniture layouts for submission to the County for approval
• Negotiates with vendors; Procurement, Facility Management and ISD staff; and the ‘business unit internal customer’ to plan and organize relocation services and "just-in-time" furniture deliveries.
3. Orders and maintains inventory levels of furniture and equipment.
• Identifies furnishing and equipment requirements with all levels of management; reviews catalogs, drawings, specifications ergonomic needs and industry standards to locate/identify furnishings and equipment
• Locates storage sites after discussing near-term relocation plans with management
• Recommends and coordinates disposal of excess items to reduce the cost of leasing off-site storage
• Forecasts furniture needs and costs for future needs and budgets accordingly
4. Performs other related duties.
• Performs more complex independent analysis
• Receives moderate guidance and instructions from management for projects beyond regular scope
• Interprets results of analysis
• Suggests and recommends solutions for moderate to complex problems; briefs management on potential solutions, alternatives & outcomes
• Leads projects from conception thru completion
• Serves as primary point of contact to address issues/concerns of personnel being relocated for large projects
• Sets corporate guidelines for selections and placement or furniture
Qualifications - All required unless otherwise noted
• Proficient in managing space and developing office layouts and corporate interior designs
• Extensive commercial design experience in project management
• Contract negotiation experience with vendors engaged in space design, furniture, installation and related activities
• Working knowledge of zoning, building codes, the Life Safety Code, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Occupational Safety and Health Act, and related regulations and building design standards
• Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD or a similar product to create architectural drawings for computer aided facility management applications and automated libraries
• Demonstrated ability to lead or guide the work of others
• College level course work/certification/degree/or equivalent in Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering or a related field
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Hours: Monday - Friday – 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability