LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (URL blocked - click to apply) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
LyondellBasell's Houston Refinery, one of the largest refineries designed to process heavy, high-sulfur crude oil is in search of a First Class Machinist. Our 268,000-barrel-per-day refinery is strategically located on the U.S. Gulf Coast with access to interstate pipelines and the Port of Houston. The facility covers approximately 700 acres at the city limits of Houston and Pasadena, Texas. The Houston Refinery was one of the first petroleum refineries constructed on the Houston Ship Channel and traces its origin to 1918. What makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. LyondellBasell employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers.
For more information about LyondellBasell, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com
The First Class Machinist is a direct-hire position with a competitive salary, bonus, 401K matching and benefits package.
Roles & Responsibilities
The 1st Class Millwright/Machinist applies mechanical skills and related knowledge in the testing, trouble-shooting, teardown/rebuilding, and repairing of mechanical/machinery equipment in a large refinery; Tests, trouble-shoots, rebuilds, and repairs pumps. gearboxes, turbines, fin fans, mixers, perform alignments utilizing reverse dial indicator, laser alignment and other assigned rotating equipment to engineering data and knowledge of mechanical machinery principles. Able to perform PvM on assigned equipment. Able to measure record all as found and as left measurements and clearances. Must be familiar with the operation of shop machinery, including but not limited to lathes, small vertical mills and drill presses.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in the millwright discipline by a hands-on demonstration test and by presenting an NCCER certification in the millwright discipline. The successful candidate is experienced in all commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the millwright field.
- Requires a High School diploma/or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 5 - 10 years' experience working with rotating and machinery related equipment and systems required.
- Current NCCER certification in the millwright discipline
- Must be able to obtain and maintain TWIC certification
- Ability to pass a hands on proficiency test
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language
- Willing and able to work additional hours as needed
- Willing to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment)
- Willing to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment
- Willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions
- Willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time and in environments that require frequent bending, reaching and lifting
- Willing and able to work in tight or confined spaces and at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders
- Willing and able to satisfy all requirements and perform all emergency response functions and responsibilities
- Willing and able to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Must be able to understand and adhere to strict environmental, health, safety, security and quality policies
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse set of cross functional groups
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures
- Complete tasks wearing required personal protective equipment which may include fire protective clothing, goggles, face shields, gloves, steel toe boots, hearing protection, respirators, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have basic computer skills
- Pass pre-employment testing including a physical, drug and alcohol screening, and background check
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available URL blocked - click to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Replace Damaged Component
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)