Title: MES Engineer (or MES Specialist)
Location: Holland, MI
Travel: 5% (training)
Position: Direct Hire
Company: Global Tier One Automotive Supplier
Components manufactured: automotive exteriors
Interview process: 1 or 2 Face to Face, including 2 quick phone screens
Candidates: Green Card holder, USA Citizens, or TN Visa candidates (Canada)
Start Date: December 2019
Salary: up to $90k
Bonus: yes, discretionary
Healthcare provider: Client
Reports to : IT Manager
Work place: both manufacturing plant floor setting and office work environment
Educational requirements: Associates Degree at a minimum, prefer a Bachelor's degree in IT
Position Summary: Lead and upgrade the implementation of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) projects. Provide aggressive leadership that provides timely direction, guidance and interface between both sites. Become the MES guru on site at this manufacturing facility. This will include following corporate standards to ensure maximum implementation success at the factory to meet automation and business requirements. The MES engineering is a cross-functional discipline that requires proportional knowledge in hardware and software development and their applications. Background in IT, MES, PLC's, SQL, SQL SER.
The company/plant has a PLC team. The MES professional will not need to perform any PLC, but have knowledge of PLC and how it meshes with MES. The company is currently using a MES framework software called Ignition.
The MES professional will need to know how to trouble shoot to the 3rd level support, not necessarily do the fix, but know that it needs a certain tweak or fix. If the MES professional can conduct MES 3rd level support, that is a bonus. – The MES professional must lead the MES charge to and with the IT Mgr.
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
Related Work Experience:
- Work with the IT Manager to define and discuss the MES user requirements with key representatives from quality, manufacturing, engineering and supply chain.
- Organize and coordinate MES/PCS Interface sessions with all automation suppliers
- Organization and lead of the integration MES test interfaces ( ERP and PLC's)
- Organize the training of the factory super users – coordinate efforts with the MES supplier to deliver documentation
- Lead MES system integrator in term of scope, cost, quality and timing
- Organize the training of the factory super users
- Troubleshooting on day to day basis and support after hours if needed
- Coordinate design efforts related to new system projects and support the implementation and ongoing use of these applications.
- Ensure the reliability and accuracy of all MES applications implemented at plant.
- Work with the System Administrators and Network Engineer to design and deploy a robust architecture that will facilitate growth of new applications being developed and deployed.
- Writing DB documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Capacity planning for new systems in conjunction with existing systems
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications to fit business needs
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS
- Maintaining data standards
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Ability to work flexible hours/ On call support including weekends
- Good knowledge of MES and Automation in Manufacturing industry
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of Database systems
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC's. Able to go online and decipher logic and how it functions
- Hands-on experience with MES Platform
- Microsoft SQLServer knowledge and SQL
- Experience with TCP/IP networks, bar code printers and scanners, RF data collection devices.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Complex Problem Solving