SAIC is seeking a Senior Network Engineer for a multi-year contract supporting our Joint Staff J6 government customer. The ideal candidate will have experience on a Joint, Service or combatant command operational staff providing design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting functions for physical and virtual voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks in the areas of command and control, fires, and or common operational picture.
This position is at the Joint Staff Complex, Suffolk, VA. The position supports the JS J6 Deputy Director for Cyber, and Command, Control, Communications and Computers Integration (DD C5I) in the Cyber, Engineering and Operations Division. Work would be on-site at the Suffolk, VA location. Travel would be approximately 20% supporting exercises and assessments. (Network planning implementation and support).
- Plan network topologies, install components, and configure services to meet project requirements.
- Analyze networks during project events, to include connectivity, traffic, capacity, and performance.
- Maintain networks between project events, to include daily operation checks, log reviews, patches, updates, upgrades, security configurations, and corrective actions.
- Implement DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) requirements for device operating systems, services, and roles.
- Physically install devices in equipment racks and user workspaces.
- Travel (Approximately 20%) in support of project events.
- Experience managing Cisco devices, such as Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewall, Flex VPN devices, and/or Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN).
- Experience in applying security policies and controls (802.1x, ACS, STIGs, encryption devices).
- Experience with IP routing protocols (including OSPF, BGP, EBGP, IBGP, BSR, and MPLS), switching, and multicast.
- Proficiency with Firewalls and IP Tables.
- Familiarity with DoD Port, Protocols, and Services Registry.
- Experience with virtualization techniques, such as simulating a hardware, systems, storage, or network resources.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years of experience, Masters and three (3) years of experience.
- Must be certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2 (current baseline security and operating environment certifications).
The following experience qualifications may be concurrently obtained and must have been obtained within the past eight (8) years.
- Five (5) years' experience working in highspeed communications, communications engineering, teleconferencing, and video teleconferencing procedures using commercial and military communications equipment, techniques, and protocols.
- Three (3) years' experience interfacing computer equipment with Ethernet (wired and wireless / 10M to 10G), Fibre Channel, satellite, ATM, SONET, and T1 and higher conventional and fiber optics circuits.
- Three (3) years' experience working with bridges, hubs, routers, switches, tunneling techniques, trunking modems, multiplexers, and military and commercial encryption devices (hardware and software based).
- Three (3) years' experience integrating, configuring, working in the areas of communication design, installation, and maintenance of local area networks using workstations, servers, gateways, hubs, routers, bridges, ATM switches and other data communications architectures.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Project, and Visio
- Experience in designing data communications networks, federating networks, and implementing VLAN separation.
- Experience with wireless networks, radio frequency spectrum, and/or satellite communications.
- Experience with DoD cyber operations (USCYBERCOM, Navy Fleet Cyber, etc.).
- Active Secret clearance, able to obtain Top Secret
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Border Gateway Protocol
Gre (Generic Routing Encapsulation) Tunneling