Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Service by Other Relations Consumer Banking at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of the Senior Manager, SBO Partner Relations position is to manage and monitor consumer loan portfolios, measure business results and lead teams with effective management skills. This position requires a corporate professional who has entrepreneurial skills and looks to the future with optimism to accomplish business goals. Success in this role requires collaboration, communication, leadership, and vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
Product and Program Management:
- A thorough understanding of capital markets, partner activities, industry dynamics, and consumer finance trends.
- Deep knowledge and thorough understanding of consumer loan portfolios and key monitoring metrics.
- Responsible for monitoring serviced by other loan portfolios.
- Demonstrate consistent and clear communication between internal and external parties.
- Analyze and present financial trends, partner and competitor behaviors, partner issues, and other potential impacts to the business.
- Work with internal teams including but not limited to pricing and strategy, compliance, legal, audit, accounting, and credit risk.
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and able to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Works on required changes and approvals for partner policies, programs, and procedures.
- Identify areas of improvement with existing programs and partners to grow originations and capture additional market share.
- Define all relevant partner relations information/profiles.
- Develop standardized reporting suite for loan portfolio performance monitoring, such as origination stats, delinquency loss and recovery rates, prepayment rates and relative trends based on actual and future looking assumptions.
- Familiar with financial modeling techniques and valuation models used by portfolio managers.
- Audit loan portfolios from specific partners to ensure policy guidelines are followed.
- Address and resolves any issues with existing origination partners, such as, funding, loan quality, production, repurchases, and outstanding lien filings with applicable partners.
- Maintains a sound understanding of Credit Union’s and partners lending programs, policies, and procedures. Ensure that related programs, policies, and procedures conform to regulatory agencies and Federal and State regulations, standards, and guidelines, pertaining but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Bribery Act, NCUA Privacy Regulations, Reg B, Reg Z, Service Members Civil Relief, and FCRA/FACTA. Required to attend initial and ongoing annual Bank Secrecy Act.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required, Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience with Loan Portfolio Management, Consumer Banking, Auto, or Unsecured Lending is required.
- Minimum of 2 (two) years of direct management experience.
- Proven success in managing pricing, policy, and credit programs.
- This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Ability to travel to various internal / external worksites and be on-call will be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with COVID-19, we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with applicable current local and state guidance.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Banking