Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.
We're currently looking for a Director, Global Logistics in our Orangeburg, NY or Plainfield, IN location.
Provide oversight for shipment/transportation of all NP products and materials (inbound & outbound), freight payment services, warehousing, KPIs, and reporting of same. Develop and provide oversight to any 3PL partners/service providers. Lead effort, and
provide financial analysis, to determine optimum warehouse locations and best transportation methods to meet customer and NP needs. Drive a culture of continuous improvement to better service the business and lower total transportation and warehousing costs.
Provide guidance for transportation needs to PDI as a shared service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Develop and implement a logistics strategy which meets NP overall objectives while also meeting customer needs: focusing on cost, speed, and reliability. Develop and manage KPIs to ensure these goals are met.
- Prepare annual freight and warehouse budgets, identify/execute cost improvement initiatives, and measure success against all.
- Prepare thorough financial analyses to vet through all functionally related potential cost savings initiatives.
- Develop relationships, negotiate rates, and develop service metrics with all service providers (TL/IML/LTL/small package/3PL/ocean carriers/freight forwarders/customs brokers).
- Understand all import/export requirements; understand U.S. customs/FDA/EPA requirements and manage relationships with customs brokers.
- Work with domestic and international raw material suppliers to secure transportation rates (for those suppliers with whom we can influence their shipments to us).
- Work with Procurement and others as they develop new suppliers internationally, particularly in Asia & Europe.
- Select and manage any and all NP 3PL operations in North America.
- Ensure compliance with all D.O.T. Hazardous Material regulations.
- Understand NAFTA requirements and provide oversight for annual compliance.
- Maintain C-TPAT Certification standards.
- Work with customers on transportation initiatives.
- Support Package Engineering in development of pallet/transportation requirements for new and existing items.
- Troubleshoot daily issues that arise within the Logistics organization and work with the team to manage through them.
- On time deliveries
- Actual costs within budgeted costs for every aspect of transportation and warehousing
- Cost reduction initiatives
- BA/BS required; preferably with a concentration in Supply Chain
- DOT requirements, C-TPAT, NAFTA, Hazmat, US Customs, Import/Export
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Warehousing/Transportation preferably in a CPG environment.
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Enterprise-Wide Mindset
- Engagement, Ownership & Accountability
- Profitability Mindset
- Excellent presentation/Excel skills, proven ability to manage large teams in various locations.
- Primarily working in a corporate/warehouse environment
- Required travel: 30% - 50%+
Visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP URL blocked - click to apply.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
- Please refer to the Company’s Substance Abuse Policy which protects the safety and well-being of all associates and potential associates.
Third Party Logistics