Kelly Services is seeking an experienced Accounting Assistant for our global educational client in East Windsor, NJ. This is a full time, 1+ year temporary position paying $27.00/hr. with benefits avaible in the first 30 days. Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm schedule.
1. Process Customer ebook and Print on Demand (POD) Billing Files: Retrieve customer billing files from customer website or receive directly from the customer via email, ensuring that all are received in a timely manner, as written in the MHE agreement. Work independently to run billing files through the Access database built for this purpose to ensure price and discount accuracy. Billing files are then exported and processed via EDI to be billed in Oracle. For billing files that cannot be exported to EDI for processing, work with Order Management to arrange for the order to be keyed manually. Billing files are processed bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly depending upon customer and availability of files. Track billing files through to invoice and verify the accuracy.
2. Reconcile eBook and Print on Demand (POD) Billing Discrepancies: Identify, research and resolve ISBN, and pricing issues that may occur associated with customer billing files. Correct any issues prior to processing and communicate errors to Sales Manager and/or Customer for updating in Customer’s system and relaying expectation of additional payment that may be necessary. Assist Credit department with complex account reconciliations as needed. Assist Cash Application department by advising on payment application via a metrics log and other research as deemed necessary. Participate in meetings/conference calls with Sales Reps, Account Managers and Customers as needed.
3. Royalty and Commissions: calculate royalty and commission amounts for select customers. Distribute to Royalty and Cash Application departments monthly.
4. Process Improvement: Consistently review billing and reconciliation processes to identify areas for improvement to increase productivity, efficiency and accuracy and discuss improvements with manager before making changes. Work with appropriate teams to implement approved changes.
5. Maintain Department Process and Procedure Documentation: An annual review and update of written documentation as processes evolve and responsibilities change to ensure documentation is current and accurate at all times.
6. Provide oversight of the eBook billing processes performed by offshore analyst.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years accounting experience
• High level organizational and follow up skills required
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to find and track patterns in data
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and Access skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must be able to prioritize and reprioritize as needed. Multi-tasking is essential in this role.
• Self-motivation and ability to work without constant supervision.
• Willingness to take ownership of and be accountable for providing customized, elite support.
In addition to working with the world’s most recognized and trusted name in staffing, Kelly employees can expect:URL blocked - click to apply
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance options
- Paid holidays
- Year-end bonus program
- Recognition and incentive programs
- Access to continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit now” button below to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (Melody at Email blocked - click to apply) however your resume must be received via the “submit now” button included within.
We invite you to bookmark our Web site and encourage you to review it regularly for new opportunities worldwide: URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services® is a U.S.-based Fortune 500 company. With our global network of branch locations, we are uniquely positioned to provide our customers with international staffing support and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Preparing Accounts Payable
Clerical Accounting Work