Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD has an opportunity in our Irvine, CA office for an Active Transportation Planning Lead. We are looking for driven, enthusiastic future leaders to help drive our California Transportation Group.
Working with our Transportation Group, this position offers good variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Transportation planning focused on complete streets, corridor studies, active transportation and safe routes to school
- Oversight and management of complex planning projects which include investigation, analyses, and preparation of public-facing documents and other client deliverables
- Application of data analysis, site assessment, design concepts and community engagement best practices in active transportation planning
The successful applicant(s) will demonstrate the ability to lead a team of planners with a track record of increased responsibility in the planning and preliminary concept development for multimodal and community focused transportation projects. Our planning leads work hand in hand with our engineers, landscape architects, and digital analysts to develop plans that are implementable and meet our clients’ needs. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the active transportation planning and design field, and a belief that walking and bicycling are integral to our transportation system.
The Active Transportation Planning practice at GHD is an important component of the Transportation Group. This position will add a Southern California presence, and will work to increase GHD’s contribution to the field by winning and delivering quality projects, recruiting, and training staff, and being a leader in relevant professional organizations.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or City/Regional Planning or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years transportation planning experience
- Experience with complete streets, active transportation projects, and corridor studies
- Track record of satisfied clients and adopted plans and studies
- Ability to train and manage a team of planners
- Proficiency in GIS and in analyzing collision and other datasets in Excel
- Experience with developing funding proposals for active transportation through the Active Transportation Program, Sustainable Transportation Planning Grant Program and others
- Proficiency in developing and managing unique project approaches to meet client needs, including managing community engagement process often delivered via subcontractors
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.