$90000.00 to $120000.00 yearly
Are you looking to prove that you're a creative technical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to communicate to diverse audiences? If that matches up with you, you could apply today for the Systems Engineer position that Robert Half Technology is filling! This position is a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure, so our Systems Engineer must be prepared for such duties. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Houston, Texas area. Don't wait - submit an application today!
Your responsibilities in this role
- Supply 2nd and 3rd level support
- Configure, test, maintain, and install operating systems, system management tools, and application software
- Take part in the design of information and operational support systems
- Administrate backup, security, and redundancy strategies
- Check and examine application performance for potential bottlenecks, name possible solutions, and operate with developers to apply those fixes
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Establish standards to actively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Compose and sustain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- This position requires a candidate with experience with monitoring systems
- This position will be the best fit for a candidate who has experience with automation software
- You might be a good fit for this position if you have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
- Strong experience and understanding of Records Management is a must have and the focus of this role
- Experience with virtualization and containerization is required for success at this position
- If you have solid networking knowledge, you will be strongly preferred for this position
- We are particularly looking for candidates with solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Solid scripting skills
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at Phone number blocked - click to apply to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Complex Problem Solving