JOB TITLE: Network/Server Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
LOCATION: Oscoda, MI
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and usage of complex networks and MS Windows servers that link numerous computers across a widely dispersed geographic areas
- Tests and implements interface programs
- Evaluates hardware and software to determine which products best meet organization/customer needs
- Manages network performance and maintains network security
- Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical applications; Researches hardware and software issues regarding the network/servers
- Provides technical support and training to end-users; Ability to plan and perform fault management, configuration control, and performance monitoring
- Ability to conduct installation, activation, back-up, deactivation, and restart of network resources/services
- Ability to evaluate communication hardware and software, troubleshoot LAN/WAN/VPN and other network-related problems
- Schedules network conversions and cutovers
- Provide technical assistance, support, and advice to customers, onsite or via telephone worldwide.
• Working Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange Server, IIS, and Terminal Server required.
• Thorough understanding of and hands-on experience with TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, and Ethernet devices (switch/router/hub) technologies a must.
• MSCE certification strongly desired.
• Knowledge of Symantec Corporate Anti-Virus, Veritas backup software, Trend Micro spam/anti-virus, WSUS, Cisco routers, and Astaro Firewall desired.
• Experience in airline industry and communication networks such as ARINC and SITA a strong plus. • Demonstrate honesty, integrity and respect for others, a willingness to be flexible and open to change.
• Be willing and able to interface with users on nonprofessional’s level.
**Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.