The Manufacturing controller acts as a Finance Business Partnering to the both the High Point, NC and Roanoke, VA site managers in his/her scope and helps deliver on the manufacturing & site strategy.
Ensures and supports correct product costing, and reviews the costing related inputs in finance database periodically
Develops and delivers relevant financial analyses that enable and drive performance management of manufacturing operations in scope, by leveraging local and regional FPA counterparts and central and regional ISC counterparts & resources.
Manages an efficient and effective, accurate and timely financial reporting and planning cycle for the sites / organization in scope, including Manufacturing, supply chain, and local procurement. This includes amongst others the accurate and up to date product costing, FMC & logistical cost control and planning, OWC (Inventories & Suppliers) management and Capex planning.
Ensures accounting/reporting for operations in scope are is in line with FEM and aligns with Finance Operations where needed.
Supports the Americas Supply Chain controller in local implementation of regional supply chain projects and initiatives, and supports the IBP process which includes also the necessary linkages to commercial finance counterparts.
Ensures that decisions are made in line with long term value creation objectives, within the applicable financial and other frameworks (such as corporate policy, strategic, operational, legal, social responsibility etc.).
Ensures that adequate controls are in place in line with AN’s in control framework
Requires approximately 10% travel. Role will be based at the High Point, NC facility and will travel to Roanoke, VA.
- Act as a recognized Finance Business Partner towards the site management and other counterparts in scope, and acts as the financial “conscience” within the respective site management teams.
Strategy Development and decision making:
- Expert at understanding the operations and responsible for driving financial analysis and using its insights to contribute to the decision making
- Specialized in determining and implementing the manufacturing optimization opportunities
- Contributes to the strategic and tactical decision making from the financial and economic perspective
- Play a prominent role in Capex planning (AR) and investment decisions
Integrated Business Planning
- Support the implementation of IBP as main planning process within Integrated Supply Chain (ISC), with a focus on Manufacturing
- Partners with the ISC Controller Regional Americas controller, manufacturing controller colleagues and cluster ISC leaders in the execution of the IBP implementation effort.
- Manages ISC Finance within the set scope, with a focus on manufacturing but also covering SC and where relevant local procurement
- Collaborates with other areas of the Finance function to ensure reliable, timely and correct supply of information and the proper set-up and functioning of the ISC planning & control-processes, administrative organization, internal controls and information systems
- Ensure financial processes are in line with corporate guidelines, laws and regulations, functional standards, best practices and business/company strategy
- Familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Work with Regional Internal Control representative to establish the appropriate internal control framework for the regional ISC Control organization
Bachelor/Master’s degree in economics, accounting, business administration or equivalent
6 years of experience in multiple finance positions in an industrial/manufacturing environment (this very much depends on the site and the profile of the candidate)
Independent, self-starting and interested in what is behind the numbers
Hands-on and can-do mentality
Highly analytical, with problem-solving and pragmatic skills
Able to communicate effectively with site management and others on site
Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
High proficiency in SAP and other business applications
Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
High level of customer orientation, strategic orientation, results orientation, change management, ownership and collaboration
- Able to build (informal) networks within the organization and manage changes
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 180005YQ
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
At AkzoNobel, we believe we can only grow our business as fast as we grow our
View the full profile
That's why, if you join us, we'll give you the space to come
with ideas that will incrementally improve the performance of our company. These
will be recognized, discussed and, whenever appropriate, implemented. Together
with your colleagues, you'll be able to take our company and the world forward,
one step, every day.
To help you make this happen, we're committed to
investing in your future – with everything from challenging assignments to
excellent training and development opportunities, mentoring and, above all, the
chance to make a successful international career in our businesses across the
If you're up for the challenge, you can find out how on these