: This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. A System Architect
guides the technical design and direction of enterprise-level computing systems. System architects are required to have advanced technical knowledge in all areas of data center and infrastructure management. They possess detailed expert knowledge of existing infrastructure and interconnectivity with upstream and downstream systems.Essential job functions
Skills and Qualifications
- Works with Network Team, Software Architects and IS Management to design and create a dependable, scalable, and maintainable system infrastructure.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing theoretical design of systems.
- Ability to lead and teach others complex technical designs, demonstrating new ideas from proof of concept to step by step how to instructions.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new systems or system integrations with 3rd party packages.
- Begins to participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term technical direction of the department.
- Mentor system engineers that aspire to become system architects.
- Ensures designs are implemented correctly and members of Team follow established standards and maintain compliance with regulatory and security requirements.
- Stays current with new and emerging system standards and technology in general as it relates to the needs of the company.
- Works with system engineers and management to help shape infrastructure standards and implementation best practices.
- Takes leadership role in guiding projects through the complete implementation life cycle.
- Responsible (takes ownership) for multiple implementation projects.
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles.
- Leads the development of multiple projects at one time.
- Recommend infrastructure improvements and changes to systems, as needed.
- Perform analysis to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Lead various meetings to gather system requirements and project details.
- Conduct system demo's to educate and train others in the use of software.
- 10+ years of software development experience in an area applicable to O'Reilly.
- Complete understanding of the department and or system(s) they are responsible for, as well as the overall business process of O'Reilly Auto Parts.
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT project.
- Advanced understanding of change management and the O'Reilly change control process and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Project Development Life Cycle (PDLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to lead and get results from others.
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Expert software debugging and testing knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of complex computer systems (multiple programs, databases, communications etc).
- Expert knowledge of programming, database systems, and systems analysis and design.
- Ability to write advanced technical documentation.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to learn independently.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Software Configuration Management
Sql (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)