Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.What will I be doing?
***The preferred location for this position is McLean, VA, but it can be based remotely near the McLean, VA; Memphis, TN; or Dallas, TX offices.***
As the Data Subject Access Request Analyst, you will serve as the Data Protection Office's front line to Hilton's guests and team members. You will be primarily responsible for assisting Hilton's DSAR Manager in responding to subject access requests for personal data.
More specifically, you will:
- Serve as lead contact for data subjects exercising their data access rights; conduct related data collection, review, and dissemination of personal data.
- Design and implement technical solutions to receive, manage, and respond to data subject requests to exercise their rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Work collaboratively with internal Hilton departments and hotels to collect and retrieve personal information related to data subject information access requests.
- Respond to data subject complaints and recommend, implement, and maintain corrective measures to improve Data Protection Office (DPO) procedures.
- Design and implement mechanisms to provide information to data subjects.
- Collect and report on data subject request metrics including volume and types of requests and the DPO's compliance with all related regulatory response deadlines.
- Supervise, lead, and train data protection analysts.
- Maintain and update the DPO's internal and external websites.
- Manage DPO vendors and contractors.
- Advise, inform, and educate team members on Hilton data protection requirements to include those instructed by the GDPR and other international data privacy regulations.
What are we looking for?
Do you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment? We are seeking self-starters that have a real passion for, and experience in, data protection and privacy. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organization skills with the ability to balance concurrent demands
- Creative problem-solving skills, with adaptability and flexibility in finding solutions
- Strategic and analytical thinker with a strong ability to build and lead strategies going forward
- Strong collaboration and partnership skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- One (1) year of experience working with the public exercising communication and negotiation skills to resolve problems
- One (1) year of experience within Data Protection and Privacy management
- Availability to travel as needed, up to 25%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Juris Doctorate (JD) Degree
- CIPP Certification
- Vendor and/or contractor management experience
- People management and/or supervisory experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Creative Problem Solving