To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Accounting & Financial Reporting
City of Atlanta • Atlanta, GA
Posted 5 days ago
Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting
The salary for this position is $83,300 - $109,700
This position will expire on June 26, 2019
General Description and Classification Standards
Reporting to the Assistant General Manager of Finance and Accounting (AGM), the position of Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting (DoAFR) will oversee and direct accounting and financial reporting functions of the airport, including preparation of financial reports and analysis. This position will provide leadership and direction for the accounting and reporting teams tasked with overseeing the operational and financial performance of all DOA accounts.
The DoAFR will be responsible for overseeing and directing the general accounting, financial reporting, management reporting, accounts payable, capital asset and CIP accounting, audit management and continuing disclosure functions for the airport. They will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls to ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with financial policies and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The person in this role will be a high-functioning, results-oriented, self-directed professional with the ability to acclimate to a fast paced, changing environment, while performing a variety of complex tasks requiring initiative and a significant amount of judgment in solving problems. They will be a key player in providing comprehensive, insightful, and accurate financial analysis and reporting to management for informed decision-making. This role will serve as one of the key leaders in the Division of Finance and Accounting.
This position works independently and attends regular meetings with senior management. Routinely collaborates with managers and other directors to accomplish common goals. Normally receives guidance regarding overall mission, short-term, mid-term and long-term objectives, scheduling, unusual priorities, etc. but is free to set work methods, timetables, and performance standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Reporting and Audit Management
• Responsible for the annual Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
• Responsible for the quarterly financial reports and communicates required information per the lease to the airlines.
• Directs and manages financial audits including the year-end external audit prepared in conjunction with the CAFR.
• Responds to internal audit inquiries.
Management Reporting and Financial Analysis
• Responsible for budget variance reporting and understanding the underlying business reasons in variances.
• Responsible for profit and loss reporting for key revenue generating functions of the airport. i.e. parking, concessions, car rental, ground transportation, etc.
• Coordinates with the Budget team on reporting matters.
• Responsible for the airport’s continuing disclosure reporting requirements related to outstanding debt issuances.
• Responsible for maintaining the airport’s chart of accounts.
• Responsible for all general ledger transactions and maintaining the airports trial balance.
• Responsible for all manual journal entries.
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual review of the airport’s accounts to ensure proper reporting according to US GAAP and federal regulations.
Capital Asset Accounting
• Responsible for the airport’s fixed asset accounting function.
• Responsible for the airport’s construction in process (CIP) accounting function.
• Responsible for financial aspects of the airport’s fleet management program.
• Responsible for the airport’s inventory accounting processes.
The DoAFR will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls to ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with financial policies and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The DoAFR will be responsible for the airport’s accounts payable processes ensuring that all vendors are paid timely and in accordance with City and airport policies.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel including extensive use of Pivot Tables, formulas, data collection and management, etc.
• Familiarity with a variety of financial reporting, budgeting and accounting applications.
• T The preferred candidate will demonstrate:
o The ability to manage and supervise multiple financial reporting and accounting projects at a given time.
o The ability to focus on attention to detail in a complex accounting environment.
o The ability to work successfully and effectively on cross-functional teams and team/collaborative projects.
o Strong problem-solving skills
o Passion for improvement.
o Strong analytical skills.
o Strong reporting skills.
o The ability to link operational aspects of the organization to the strategic priorities and ensure work product reflects those linkages.
o Strong project management skills.
o Logical decision-making processes.
o A high level of organization skills.
o Focus on deadlines.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The person in this role will lead a team of 10-12 employees, including 3-4 direct report employees, with emphasis on managing multiple functions within the Finance and Accounting Division of the airport.
• Bachelor’s degree in Airport Management, Business Administration or closely related field.
• 5-7 years' of Senior Airport/Aviation Operations Management experience or related position at a domestic/large hub airport.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or related field is highly desired.
• 10+ years of relevant accounting and finance experience is highly desired.
• 5+ years supervisory and management experience is highly desired.
• Master's degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant certification is preferred.
• Certified Member or Accredited Airport Executive certification is preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in the aviation industry with experience specific to airports is preferred.
Licensures and Certifications
Primary Location: true
Working Location: false
Forecasted paid hours per shift: https://atlantaga.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=191246&lang=en
Forecasted paid hours per week: true!$!ftlerrors
Employee Status: descRequisition.size