Clinch Valley Medical Center
Nurse Practitioner - Pulmonology
Cinch Valley Health is looking for a talented Nurse Practitioner with the highest level of professionalism to step into our fast-paced facility!
Summary: The Nurse Practitioner provides the patient with cost effective care in a competent manner, to diagnose and treat illnesses and disorders consistent with medical protocols established with the collaborating physician.
- Perform physical assessment by interviewing, recording and interpreting medical and social history of the patient
- Develop an accurate identification of patient’s health problems based upon correct interpretation of findings, record findings, lab and/or diagnostic results and existing medical records
- Develop, implement and coordinate all aspects of a comprehensive health care plans for patients
- Manage the plan of care by monitoring the client’s response to the therapeutic regimen, recording patient’s progress, and counseling if needed
- Order lab tests or diagnostic procedures; initiate referrals to other health care providers and/or consulting physicians as needed
- Coordinate all aspects of patient care, discharge and follow-up plans
- Facilitate interaction and cooperation among health care staff involved in the planning and provision of health care
- Prescribe medication according to State, Federal, and organization guidelines
- Maintain current technical knowledge and seek educational and professional opportunities to enhance clinical practice and competency
- Review patient’s records, along with physician, to ensure a complete assessment of need
- Ability to work independently
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
License/Certification: Virginia Nurse Practitioner license, CDS, DEA and BLS.
Experience: Experience working in a fast-paced outpatient cardiology clinic strongly preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred. Previous experience with the use of an Electronic Medical Records system.LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Diseases And Disorders
Patient Health Questionnaires
Basic Life Support